This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.42 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
September 6, 2019 at 10:00 am

larsD-3

Hi WPML,

Currently we are using WPML with Translation Management in combination with Enfold theme (and Avia Builder). We are editing most of our pages with the Classic Translation Editor

We assign pages to be translated with our Administrator account to our clients account (Editor, Translator) with WPML’s Translation Management add-on.

Our client takes over these translation assignments with Translation Management. When updating a page in original language, each translation has to be updated. This is ok. But when the translations are updated by our client (Editor, Translation role), these translations do not appear to be displayed correctly on the website, while in backend appears a check (completed translation).

When we - as administrator - navigate to these pages (via pages), and then try to translate the page, we do not see certain (Avia Builder) strings. Some original strings with translation strings just don’t show up.

Then, when we go to string translation, we do see numerous strings that need to be updated. When we click on these strings and hit 'save' on each translating string, the translation will be displayed correctly in the front-end.

it seems that something goes wrong with the link between these translation strings. Is there something we do wrong with translation or is there an error?

Awaiting your response,

Best regards,
Team VDLP

September 6, 2019 at 11:34 am
September 6, 2019 at 12:21 pm #4525237

larsD-3

Still need assistence, I was away for some minutes.

September 9, 2019 at 3:07 am #4533147

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi, That day it was end of my shift, so I have to move the chat to a forum ticket.

Could you please assign a translation to WPML username with editor role. Let me know once done I will continue helping with your issue.

September 12, 2019 at 7:59 am #4559121

larsD-3

Still need assistence, thanks in advance

September 13, 2019 at 4:32 am #4565539

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Sure, I will be happy to help you, Could you please check my previous response, https://wpml.org/forums/topic/updating-translation-issues-translation-management-with-enfold/#post-4533147

Let me know once you have assigned the translation to the WPML user.

September 13, 2019 at 7:26 am #4566009

larsD-3

Hi Raja, I can't reply to your message, but we created a new user as you suggested. Can you open a chat window again? Thanks

September 13, 2019 at 12:54 pm #4568715

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi,

I am afraid Once a chat is converted to forum ticket it is not possible to convert the same to a chat. However, I can continue helping with your issue here in case if you wish to have a live response please create open a new chat, you can refer to this ticket in the chat, Any available supporter would be able to assist you.

Please note chat is for live assistance and if we don't receive a response after a period of time it will be converted to forum ticket for continued support to help the client with a resoltuion.