This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcel 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
October 1, 2019 at 12:18 pm #4671943

jaapd-2

Hi,

This is a recurring issue I have with all (around 10) websites running WPML. I'm not able to update WPML plugins through InfiniteWP panel or in the website (plugins commercial tab).

I've tried refreshing, deleting the key and creating new keys but the problem is still there.

The only way to update is to copy the new versions with FTP which is ridiculous.

Can this issue be fixed please?

Cheers,
Jaap

October 1, 2019 at 12:46 pm #4672087

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Jaap,

here is the test site with outdated WPML & registered key for updates: hidden link

Please add this page to your InfiniteWP Dashboard and try to run the updates. If the error occurs here, I will escalate this case to our Compatibility team.

Please let me know how it goes.

Best Marcel

October 1, 2019 at 1:26 pm #4672411

jaapd-2

Hi Marcel,

I've added the site to my IWP panel and used a new WPML key from my WPML account. Updating with WPML went fine with 1 plugin. When updating from the commercial tab I receive a failed error.

Though it seems to be working from IWP panel I've noticed that it just works one time. When a new update arrives updating from IWP panel also fails. To solve that removing the key and enter a new one works sometimes, until the update after that one.

Hopefully you can get something out of the logs.

Cheers,
Jaap

October 1, 2019 at 4:07 pm #4673861

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Jaap,

thanks,

Recently we implemented a Staged Rollout and it could be that your account was affected. We implemented this with WPML 4.2.8, so the sites you want to update should be newer than version 4.2.8.

- Can you please confirm this?
- Could you please provide me also the site domains you are trying to update?

The next answer is marked as private for this info. More information you will find here: https://wpml.org/de/2019/09/wpml-4-2-8-launched-through-staged-rollout/

Thanks
Best Marcel

October 2, 2019 at 7:42 am #4677507

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Jaap,

the newest version was today published to all clients, so can you please try again to run the update from your IWP Dashboard?

The other site domain information would be not needed anymore.

Thanks
Best Marcel

October 2, 2019 at 7:51 am #4677573

jaapd-2

Hi Marcel,

All of the sites I'm maintaining are running the latest versions of WPML plugins. So for now I can't test. Is it an idea to put this ticket onhold until the next update?

Cheers,
Jaap

October 2, 2019 at 10:08 am #4679007

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Jaap,

Sure, if it gets automatically closed please open another ticket. Or assign me the new ticket directly.

Best Marcel