This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
I am trying to update WPML plugins and I get this error:

An error occurred while updating WPML Translation Management: The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

Solution:
It happened due to a glitch in WPML v4.2.1 -- its fixed now in latest WPML release. Our system team has advised to follow these steps to successfully update plugins: Go to Dashboard Menu >> Updates >> And press the "Check Again" button >> After that you should be able to update the remaining plugins.

- Otherwise you can Backup your site and manually remove WPML, download and install latest plugins manually from our site: https://wpml.org/account/downloads/

33% of people find this useful.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 11 voices.

Last updated by WGO 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
February 20, 2019 at 2:10 pm #3222157

Gonzalo Urriza

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am trying to update WMPL to the latest version.

Which I error I get?
Update Failed: The update cannot be installed because we will be unable to copy some files. This is usually due to inconsistent file permissions.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I checked the "file manager" in our server and all the folders have read and write access. So I am not sure why.

February 20, 2019 at 4:45 pm #3223061

Gonzalo Urriza

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

February 25, 2019 at 8:26 am #3238322
Swen Kleibrink

I am having problems PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature on updating any of the wmpl plugins, what can I do to resolve thanks

New threads created by Noman and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/updating-wpml-in-wordpress-2/

February 25, 2019 at 10:24 am #3238992
marketingO-2

Hallo,

wir haben das selbe Problem beim Update der Plugins von WPML - benötigen Informationen warum der Update fehlschlägt - Danke.

New threads created by Noman and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/cannot-update-wpml-plugins/

February 25, 2019 at 2:52 pm #3240442

Kristof

+1
Update Failed: The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

February 26, 2019 at 1:59 pm #3245235

timT-13

+Обновление не удалось: Архив не удалось установить. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

February 26, 2019 at 9:11 pm #3247396

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Sorry for the trouble it happened due to a glitch in WPML v4.2.1 -- its fixed now in latest WPML release. Our system team has advised to follow these steps to successfully update plugins: Go to Dashboard Menu >> Updates >> And press the "Check Again" button >> After that you should be able to update the remaining plugins.

- Otherwise you can Backup your site and manually remove WPML, download and install latest plugins manually from our site:
https://wpml.org/account/downloads/

Thank you

February 27, 2019 at 3:17 am #3248258

rosa-mariaC-2

Hi, I followed all your steps and I also deleted the WPML Multimedia CMS plugin and I tried to reinstall the plugin by uploading it. First, the Zip file was too big than when I tried to upload the unzipped files to the wp-content/plugins directory, I couldn't upload any folders. Now I really don't know what to do. Please help

February 27, 2019 at 11:15 am #3249739

Ermínia Altarriba

Hi,

I don't update the plugins wpml:

Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

No puedo actualizar los plugins

Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signatureml

Thanks

February 27, 2019 at 1:52 pm #3250645

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

If the above solution is not working for you, please open new ticket so we can check it in your site @rosa-mariac-2
@erminiaa

February 28, 2019 at 5:05 pm #3256722

mohamed-tahars

Hello Noman,
i got the same issu i tested your fix and didin't work for me too :/
and the web site is in production so a help will be appreciated .
Best regards

March 6, 2019 at 2:31 am #3276720

modupec

Hi Guys,

Im requiring assistance as my wpml shows several languages on the backend of wordpressadmin page. However, I only want it to show in one language on the back of my admin and then several languages on the front end of the site. I also noticed when more than 7 languages are shown they do not appear on the front end of the site. Please can someone advise. Thanks.

March 18, 2019 at 2:27 pm #3370219

WGO

Hi Guys,

Im requiring assistance ,I had a problem with the plugin WPML following the last update, attached screenshot.