This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 9.67 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
I am trying to update WPML plugins and I get this error:

An error occurred while updating WPML Translation Management: The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

Solution:
It happened due to a glitch in WPML v4.2.1 -- its fixed now in latest WPML release. Our system team has advised to follow these steps to successfully update plugins: Go to Dashboard Menu >> Updates >> And press the "Check Again" button >> After that you should be able to update the remaining plugins.

- Otherwise you can Backup your site and manually remove WPML, download and install latest plugins manually from our site: https://wpml.org/account/downloads/

33% of people find this useful.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 11 voices.

Last updated by WGO 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
February 20, 2019 at 2:10 pm #3222157

Gonzalo Urriza

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am trying to update WMPL to the latest version.

Which I error I get?
Update Failed: The update cannot be installed because we will be unable to copy some files. This is usually due to inconsistent file permissions.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I checked the "file manager" in our server and all the folders have read and write access. So I am not sure why.

February 20, 2019 at 4:45 pm #3223061

Gonzalo Urriza

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

February 25, 2019 at 8:26 am #3238322
Swen Kleibrink

I am having problems PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature on updating any of the wmpl plugins, what can I do to resolve thanks

New threads created by Noman and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/updating-wpml-in-wordpress-2/

February 25, 2019 at 10:24 am #3238992
marketingO-2

Hallo,

wir haben das selbe Problem beim Update der Plugins von WPML - benötigen Informationen warum der Update fehlschlägt - Danke.

New threads created by Noman and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/cannot-update-wpml-plugins/

February 25, 2019 at 2:52 pm #3240442

Kristof

+1
Update Failed: The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

February 26, 2019 at 1:59 pm #3245235

timT-13

+Обновление не удалось: Архив не удалось установить. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

February 26, 2019 at 9:11 pm #3247396

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Sorry for the trouble it happened due to a glitch in WPML v4.2.1 -- its fixed now in latest WPML release. Our system team has advised to follow these steps to successfully update plugins: Go to Dashboard Menu >> Updates >> And press the "Check Again" button >> After that you should be able to update the remaining plugins.

- Otherwise you can Backup your site and manually remove WPML, download and install latest plugins manually from our site:
https://wpml.org/account/downloads/

Thank you

February 27, 2019 at 3:17 am #3248258

rosa-mariaC-2

Hi, I followed all your steps and I also deleted the WPML Multimedia CMS plugin and I tried to reinstall the plugin by uploading it. First, the Zip file was too big than when I tried to upload the unzipped files to the wp-content/plugins directory, I couldn't upload any folders. Now I really don't know what to do. Please help

February 27, 2019 at 11:15 am #3249739

Ermínia Altarriba

Hi,

I don't update the plugins wpml:

Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

No puedo actualizar los plugins

Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signatureml

Thanks

February 27, 2019 at 1:52 pm #3250645

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

If the above solution is not working for you, please open new ticket so we can check it in your site @rosa-mariac-2
@erminiaa

February 28, 2019 at 5:05 pm #3256722

mohamed-tahars

Hello Noman,
i got the same issu i tested your fix and didin't work for me too :/
and the web site is in production so a help will be appreciated .
Best regards

March 6, 2019 at 2:31 am #3276720

modupec

Hi Guys,

Im requiring assistance as my wpml shows several languages on the backend of wordpressadmin page. However, I only want it to show in one language on the back of my admin and then several languages on the front end of the site. I also noticed when more than 7 languages are shown they do not appear on the front end of the site. Please can someone advise. Thanks.

March 18, 2019 at 2:27 pm #3370219

WGO

Hi Guys,

Im requiring assistance ,I had a problem with the plugin WPML following the last update, attached screenshot.