This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
May 3, 2019 at 9:19 pm #3738061

normanR-2

I would like to know if it is ok to upgrade from version 3.7.1 to 4.2.6 with our any problems or intermediate steps.

Please let me know if this is ok or i have to do it incrementally?

May 3, 2019 at 9:37 pm #3738093

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Customer Support.

Please download the latest versions of WPML Multilingual CMS 4.2.6 at https://wpml.org/downloads.

Deactivate and delete all WPML plugins. Do not worry, this process will not affect your translations and settings stored in the database.

Add WPML Mulitlingual CMS 4.2.6 again.

Then go to Plugins -> Install -> Commercial and download the add-ons. Also, select the "Enable After Download" button at the bottom of the plug-in selector.

Please let me know if the update worked without issues.

Yours sincerely
Andreas

May 3, 2019 at 9:52 pm #3738181

normanR-2

Hi,

Thank you i will update the plugins the manual way.

Just as a point of interest, Can you tell me when the option to "Duplicate" the page was removed and the translation moved to a side by side layout from the translate the page type.

Thank you.

May 3, 2019 at 10:56 pm #3738269

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Please make sure to take a backup of your site and of the database before proceeding with the new installation of WPML.

Indeed, we do have now by default the selection between Classic TranslatioN Editor or Advanced Translation Editor, but you are still able to duplicate content and translate it independently. Each post or page shows a switcher inside of the language options in the right sidebar. Here you can disable the WPML Translation Editor and translate manually.

More information here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/

The duplicate option also is still available, but you will need to use the following setting:

Go to WPML -> Settings -> Post Types Translation -> Translatable - only show translated items.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas