This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
August 8, 2019 at 8:39 pm #4365909

alejandra-fernandaW

I am trying to: When writing a post in my main lenguage (spanish) I upload the media. But, that media actually dont upload only in spanish, some of the files are being uploaded as if they would be "english" as the lenguage.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: I upload 3 images attached.

I expected to see: The images correctly uploaded in spanish, dor later translate them to english.

Instead, I got: Images randomly upload in different lenguages, and sometimes even duplica in two lenguages.

August 9, 2019 at 1:29 pm #4370789

alejandra-fernandaW

Here is a screenshow.
My wordpress is in spanish.

I don't think is a setting problem, because is COMPLETLY ramdom!
Only some images are "marked" on the second lenguage, as you can see in the photos.

August 9, 2019 at 8:12 pm #4372855

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

At the bottom of the WPML Settings you have the 3 options all checked

When uploading media to the Media library, make it available in all languages

Duplicate media attachments for translations

Duplicate featured images for translations

When you upload a media WPML creates a different database entry for each language automatically as this is how each media is available in different languages that is why you have the media shown as duplicated to the rest of the languages.

----

From your screenshots i do notice that some media does not show in Spanish language

that should be resolved if you click "Start" within WPML ->Settings->Media

let me know your results please

August 10, 2019 at 9:14 pm #4375943

alejandra-fernandaW

I don't think you are understanding the problem, so I'm gonna explain it with more detail.

When I do a bulk upload of images to one post I'm writing in spanish, they RAMDOMLY upload in different lenguages.
I alwes press the "duplicate" images in other lenguages when I upload the post and I understand how it works,
but just CANT underdstand why some of the images are saved as spanish was the main lenguages, and other as english was the main lenguage.

EXAMPLE:
IN THE ATTACHED SCREENSHOT OF SOME OF THE IMAGES UPLOADED, THEY WHERE ALL UPLOADED AT THE SAME TIME TO THE SAME POST.
One of them is marked as uploaded in english, and ALL the rest in spanish.
Not one of them are duplicated in that screenshot (taken from WPML -> Media Translation)

So, given THIS PROBLEM. Please help me whit a way to understand how to fix it.

August 12, 2019 at 7:37 pm #4383441

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

i understand your issue now.

To try and reproduce it i did the following steps

1. Go to Media->Bulk upload -> 10 different media images
2. Go to WPML->Media and verify that all 10 media was uploaded in the correct default language and not a mix (example 7 in English(Default lang) and 3 in Spanish(secondary language) )

i was not able to reproduce this issue on my local environment

if possible i would like to create a duplicator package to test your issue locally and try to reproduce it , additionally if you still have access to these media on a folder on your computer please provide me a zip file of it so i can test uploading the same media on my environment to try again to reproduce the issue

NOTE : the credentials to the site have been removed from this ticket if possible please provide them to me again

The topic ‘[Closed] Uploaded images in main lenguage post, upload in different lenguages’ is closed to new replies.