This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
August 9, 2019 at 7:12 am #4367975

michitaO

I am trying to:
Uploaded Job Posts are not in job categories in other language page.
As you can see in default language, number of job post are should be seen on each categories.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
Attache screen shot

Instead, I got:

August 9, 2019 at 9:50 am #4369227

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey,

It seems that I'll have to check the dashboard of the website to have a look at the categories first and see why the counter is not working as it should. Can you give me a heads-up on this ticket as soon as you send me the credentials here https://wpml.org/forums/topic/top-search-engine-shows-different-in-default-language-and-other-language/, please? I'll check this out and see what can we do in order to get things back to normal.

Thanks,
Radu

August 10, 2019 at 12:49 am #4373281

michitaO

Hi Radu,
I have sent admin info to another ticket.
I presume you've already checked it.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thanks in advance.

August 12, 2019 at 12:55 pm #4380973

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

Can you have a look at the other ticket, please? I tried to use the credentials that you send to me but they are not working. I just need you to have a quick look at this so I can access the dashboard area.

Thanks,
Radu

August 14, 2019 at 1:57 pm #4395657

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

I used the credentials from the other ticket and I had a look at the categories from the homepage. As I can see here hidden link there are no jobs in Japanese. This means that all the categories from the Japanese homepage will display 0 because there's no job in Japanese categories. In this case, can you translate some job listings in Japanese, assign them to some categories, and tell me if the counts from the homepage changes this way, please?

Thanks,
Radu

August 15, 2019 at 2:33 am #4398407

michitaO

Hi,
So I have created a new job post in Japanese Page and it is listed only in Japanese page, not in english page.
Does this mean all future upload job posts will be completely divided and counted on 2 different language page?

If this the case of system how WPML works, it can be trouble for my site as all uploaded info will be divided, such as 6 new job posts uploaded from english page, and 20 new job posts uploaded from Japanese page but those posts are managed in two different page...
Is this what will happen?

August 15, 2019 at 7:07 am #4399249

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

Can you tell me if you changed the password for the account you send to me, please? I'm asking this because I was trying to access the dashboard area once again to see if there's anything I can do about the jobs that are displayed separately in each language.

Basically, what you can try to do is go to Dashboard → WPML → Settings → Post Types Translation and select the middle option (Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language) for the job listings post type. This way, the listings from each language will be "combined" and displayed in all languages. You can give this a try and tell me how things go.

Thanks,
Radu

August 19, 2019 at 1:35 am #4412865

michitaO

Hi,
Including the previous duplicate page issue,
I see new language pages are created on my dashboard page too, and some of pages are triplicate...
Also the page Permalink is created as No,2 such as "browse-all-jobs-2"

I appreciate for your previous support but I have to say it seems WPML is not really compatible with my current theme 'Work Scout'.

I was looking for the right stable translation plugin and thought WPML is the best at the end.
However, although WPML is good enough, my current theme is not working well with it. So I got to consider another way.

August 19, 2019 at 5:49 am #4413599

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

I had a look at the Japanese homepage here hidden link and I could see the categories count are no longer 0 now. As I can see, this was the original issue from this ticket and now it's fixed. Can you tell me what's the issue that remains regarding the categories grid from the Japanese homepage, please?

Also, if you find any other issue on your website, you can easily open a separate ticket and we'll have a look. We are trying to keep one topic on each ticket (so other users can easily find the solution) and that's why it's better to open a separate ticket for any new question or issue.

Thanks,
Radu

August 20, 2019 at 12:37 am #4419551

michitaO

Hi,
The reason why above issue is fixed is that site is using other plugin, as my site is already open, I had to do this.

Let's say we close this ticket once.

Anyway, Thank you for your kind support and checking the issue.

August 20, 2019 at 1:53 pm #4424167

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

I'm glad to hear that everything works as you wish now 🙂

Regards,
Radu