This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: uploaded .xliff files for spanish translations aren't showing on site

Solution: The page was using ACF repeater and flexible fields and those fields were not configured properly. Configuring it exactly the same as shown in this video solve the issue, the same settings apply for flexible fields:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD2i3I_CgCs

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by robertH-44 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
August 2, 2019 at 1:33 pm #4330413

robertH-44

I am trying to:view the uploaded spanish translations on hard-line.com

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

as well as any other page on the spanish site.

I expected to see: Spanish translations of content along with the associated photos. It appears that the spanish version of the site is completely broken.

Instead, I got: Some translations appear, others are missing completely, and many images are not appearing in this particular translation.

We performed the french translations right on the site, and the majority of those appear to be working.

We are running in to issues when we are uploading the translated .xliff files

August 6, 2019 at 3:10 pm #4349015

robertH-44

I have attempted 3 or 4 times now and right at the end of the migration I get an error message and the migration fails. I can spin up another amazon instance for you instead please advise. I thought perhaps it was a permissions issue so I made sure my permissions were correct on my themes folder but when I attempt another migration the site progress bar says that its all uploaded it fails in the next step.

August 7, 2019 at 10:25 am #4353823

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

are you by any chance on WP Engine? I know we have some issue when trying to migrate to Cloudways.

If you don't manage to migrate, we usually suggest Duplicator to create a copy of the site (but there are some limitation on some hosting). If you can't either use Duplicator, any backup will do. I'd need the database plus plugins and themes folder.

August 8, 2019 at 1:46 pm #4363407

robertH-44

Finally got Duplicator to work just downloading the archive then I will host it on onedrive so you can get it.

August 8, 2019 at 3:10 pm #4364131

robertH-44

[removed]

In this zip file I have included all the files from the Duplicator package the archive, database and installer.php

August 9, 2019 at 8:50 am #4368811

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Laura is not available so I am taking care of this ticket, hope that's ok. 🙂

I was trying to download the duplicator packages and I noticed it's a very large duplicator being so is it possible for you send me only wp-content (without uploads) and database backup?

Also, I would like to understand a little bit more about the issue, so can you provide feedback on the following:

- While the xliff is imported back as translation, can you confirm if it's just the layout that's broken, can you check if the translation texts are there correctly?

- One of my early thoughts says that the media is not translated & acf fields aren't set properly which is creating the issue, so can you please let me know how you have created the layouts there, are you using ACF repeater fields or such?

Also, I would like to know if it's possible for you to provide me login details on your site so I can just check the settings once without performing anything else. So can you provide those details in the next reply, please create a backup before providing it.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

August 12, 2019 at 3:41 am #4378185

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for the details.

First thing I noticed is that you are not using the latest version of the WPML plugins, so would you mind updating your plugin to the latest version and let me know if that helps?

NOTE:

+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!). You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose. See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Secondly, you are using the repeater and flexible fields to display those contents and I can see those fields aren't configured properly. Please configure it exactly the same as shown in this video, the same settings apply for flexible fields:
hidden link

Once the fields are configured properly, the issue should be fixed.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

August 12, 2019 at 5:27 pm #4382811

robertH-44

So I just want to say thank you so much after watching that video it all clicked I have gone through a few products and they are all working correctly now.

My issue is resolved. Thank you!