Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 10.13 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 7 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
May 2, 2019 at 9:13 am #3723113

Edward Zilliacus

I am trying to activate WPML Multilingual CMS. Instead I get a 'Fatal Error' containg this message:

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/content/n3pnexwpnas01_data02/74/4019974/html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/autoload.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_6/lib/php') in /home/content/n3pnexwpnas01_data02/74/4019974/html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.php on line 52

My website crashed a few days ago when updating different plugins of WPML. I had to go into the PHP admin board and disable all plugins in order to get back into WP.

When trying to activate WPML plugins I get the same "Fatal Error" message as shown above.

Could you please help me resolve this issue as soon as possible? It is crucial for my client that all languages work on the site, which they do not now.

It is worth noting that this is not the first time this has happened. Last time I was told to ask GoDaddy to increase the Memory limit, which they did. Still this keeps on happening. Can we please figure out a way for this to run smoothly in the future?

May 2, 2019 at 11:18 am #3724087

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hey Edward,

I checked the previous ticket with the same issue and I could see that installing the WPML plugins from scratch did the trick. Can you try to do this one more time and tell me if you still see the fatal error, please? You can find all the plugins here: https://wpml.org/account/downloads/. If this change gets everything back to normal, it means that there was a small problem with the server while updating the plugins and some files might've not been copied well. Please let me know how this goes.

Thanks,
Radu

May 2, 2019 at 12:03 pm #3724311

Edward Zilliacus

Sure we can do that, as you probably saw on the previous ticket I don't feel comfortable doing these steps myself as I don't want to mess anything up or lose any translations. Can I give you a login and password privately? It's probably a quick fix for you to do.

May 6, 2019 at 1:01 pm #3748691

Radu
Supporter

Hey Edward,

There's nothing you should be worried about when it comes to installing the plugins. I set the next reply to be private so you can give me access to the dashboard area and let me take care of this for you.

Thanks,
Radu

May 8, 2019 at 2:13 pm #3767619

Radu
Supporter

Hey Edward,

I tried to install again the WPML plugin and it seems that there's an error coming up at some point (Lost connection to MySQL server during query). As far as I know, this is an issue related to the server part. Is there any chance that you could reach out the hosting provider and ask him to have a look at what might be causing this? Basically, the server is closing the database connection while WordPress still needs it to install different things. This might be happening now, when trying to install the WPM plugin but it might be happening for other plugin or themes, in the future. This is why reaching out the hosting and ask him to check this out is a good idea.

In the meantime, please give me access to FTP so I can install the plugins manually and make sure that you can start using WPML, without having to wait for the hosting check/fix. I made the next message private so you safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

May 8, 2019 at 4:50 pm #3769323

Edward Zilliacus

Sure but I have no idea what FTP protocols are or where I can get that for you. Want to assist me with that as well? This was never supposed to be this complicated...

Appreciate your help though.

May 9, 2019 at 7:12 am #3773575

Radu
Supporter

Hey Edward,

I just installed again the plugins and they seem to work fine now. However, as I mentioned before, the problems that you see are not from our plugins, but from the hosting that your client is using. It has bad performances and I'm afraid that there's nothing we can do from the plugin side in order to make sure that this won't happen again. Each hosting has some specifications (like memory or space) and the one that's used for this website seems to be pretty poor. This is why, reaching out the hosting provider and asking him for at least increasing the memory limit or maximum execution time would be a good idea. This might be happening now just for the WPML plugin. However, while the website will evolve, it will need more and more resources to handle the content and I'm sure that these limitations will be visible again, on some other areas.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] [URGENT] Fatal error when updating WPML plugins’ is closed to new replies.