This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 21 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
June 13, 2018 at 5:47 pm

jaapd-2

Hi,

After updating WPML some of the products in WooCommerce are missing variations. When disabling WPML Multilingual CMS plugin the variation is back.

See screenshots. In the incorrect amount one there are 5 variations visible and in top right it states there are 6 variations. In the correct amount screenshot all the variations are there.

It can be tested with this product: hidden link

Please look at this asap as this is a big issue for my customer.

Regards,
Jaap

June 14, 2018 at 6:58 pm #2414104

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1.- I would like to ask you to follow this steps:
- Back up your site first before making any change, this is for security reasons.
- Go to Woocommerce -> Woocommerce Multilingual -> Translate all untranslated categories, tabs and attributes in their correspondent tabs.
- Go to Woocommerce -> Woocommerce Multilingual -> Settings tab -> Troubleshooting link (bottom right) -> Sync all the products.

Could you tell me if the issue is solved?

2.- Please increase the PHP Memory Limit. Minimum requirements are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

You can add this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );

- Add it above the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Kind regards,
Carlos

June 15, 2018 at 11:24 am #2415404

jaapd-2

Hi Carlos,

I think WPML is showing the incorrect PHP memory limit. I is set to 768Mb. If you check WooCommerce status you will see it. So I don't know why WPML status is showing 40Mb.

I've tried translating the attributes but some of them will not load. I've disabled most of the plugins but this didn't help.

Syncing all products has been done.

The issue is still there. It's also there when I disable the WooCommerce Multilingual plugin. Only when I disable the WPML Multilingual CMS the problem is gone. This suggests WooCommerce multilingual has nothing to do with the issue.

I've also updated to the latest plugin versions.

Can you have a look please?

Cheers,
Jaap

June 15, 2018 at 11:45 am #2415454

jaapd-2

Hi Carlos,

I see there's also another older ticket of this issue: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/variation-products-not-showing-in-backend/

But there's no solution provided.

Maybe this will help you in your search.

Cheers,
Jaap

June 15, 2018 at 4:02 pm #2415982

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Jaap,

We released a new alpha version of WPML today. You can manually download it from https://wpml.org/account/downloads/ -> Changelog link under each plugin. Please install this version and let me know if the issue is solved.

Best regards,
Carlos

June 15, 2018 at 4:16 pm #2416032

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Jaap,

Please don't forget to make a full backup of the site before the update. This is for security reasons.

Regards,
Carlos

June 15, 2018 at 6:29 pm #2416146

jaapd-2

Hi Carlos,

I've installed 4.0.3-rc.1 but it didn't solve the issue. Hope you can help.

Cheers,
Jaap

June 15, 2018 at 8:35 pm #2416240

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Jaap,

I would like to ask your authorization to make a copy of the site in order to make further tests on a local environment without affecting the live site.

Regards,
Carlos

June 15, 2018 at 8:50 pm #2416246

jaapd-2

Hi Carlos,

The url I gave you is the staging environment. You can use it to test. The same issue is on the production site. I'm also fine if you want to duplicate the production site and test on the copy.

let me know if you need credentials for production.

Cheers,
Jaap

June 18, 2018 at 3:42 pm #2419774

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Jaap,

I updated the staging site the the new version of WPML and WCML we released today and the issue seems to be solved. Could you confirm that the issue is fixed?

Best regards,
Carlos

June 18, 2018 at 6:53 pm #2420171

jaapd-2

Hi Carlos,

I don't see any changes on staging and the problem is still there. If you look at product "Yoga Top Good Karma - Volcanic Glass" in the back-end there are still only 5 variations visible where there should be 6. See my initial screenshot of the incorrect amount.

Cheers,
Jaap

June 18, 2018 at 11:18 pm #2420438

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Jaad,

I suspect something went wrong at the moment of saving the variations in this product, maybe the variation and/or attribute wasn't translatated, maybe an update affected the entry in the database, etc.

I synchronized all the variations and changed the translation mode to use the Translation Editor. In the Translation Editor you can see the 6 variation correctly (I added the size as description for each variation as a guide) however the M size is still missing in the back-end. In the front-end all variations looks correct.

I would like to ask you to create a new product and check if the issue persists or if it's solved already.

Looking forward to your answer.
Best regards,
Carlos

June 25, 2018 at 10:16 am #2432253

jaapd-2

Reply from my client:

We have tested the update on our staging environment and newly created products seem to be working. This morning the plugin was rolled out to our production environment and there new product creation seems to be ok. However we still have a lot of existing products with variations now showing. It is not a very undesirable option to delete & recreate these products and variations as it is very error prone and we also have to adjust open orders with the new products.

How can this be solved? I have synced all the variations in WPML Settings but that did not make a difference.
The number of missing variations in our production environment has also increased since the last week by 25%.
We will keep monitoring if there are no new missing variations with the updated WPML but the as-is situation also needs to be fixed.

Looking forward to your reply

June 25, 2018 at 7:14 pm #2433675

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Jaad,

I deactivated all plugins and activated a default WordPress theme, also re-saved the product attributes and flush the cache. It seems that in this conditions the issue disappeared.

Please double check and if the issue disappeared then start activating the theme and then the plugins one by one until the issue appears.

If the issue persists in this minimal setup then I would like to ask you to share some links with the products where do you see the issue happening.

Looking forward to your answer.
Best regards,
Carlos

June 26, 2018 at 12:40 pm #2435192

Dave W

Hi Carlos,

We can see that the issue disappeared in the staging environment. We tried this on the live site but without result.

We switched theme, deactivated all the plugins and flushed the cache but the problem persists.
Only when we deactivate the WPML Multilingual CMS plugin we can see the variations correctly. When we activate the plugin again -> variations are missing.

We did upgrade the plugin to the latest version

In addition to the above : I can see that missing variations are posted under a different language.

When i run a product export in language EN I get a different result than when i perform the same action in language NL. The missing variation in language NL is found in the download in language EN.

for example in language NL (to keep it simple i show 1 product) I expect 3 sizes . XS/S , M/L and XL/XXL but only 2 sizes are shown

see screenshot -1

the same download in language EN shows this result. 4 lines of which 1 is the missing variation in language NL

see screenshot - 2

When looking in Woocommerce at this specific product the M/L version is indeed missing

see screenshot - 3

in language EN i get 3 variations

see screenshot - 4

i can provide more examples where missing variations appear in the the other(wrong) language in the backend.

i also see different stock QTY values for the same varations in language EN or NL. this should always be the same value in all languages!

see screenshot - 5

please let me know if you need access to the live environment to check the issue.

Kind regards
Rogier