Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas Neuber 6 years, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas Neuber.

Author Posts
January 30, 2013 at 8:55 am #100414

Salsa-Trips

Creating a product and assigning a category "Promo" to it, to restrict the coupons => works
hidden link

Translating the product and translating the category to "Promotion" => works
hidden link

While applying the coupon "Salsa-Trips" on the english cart => works,
but on the GERMAN cart it is not possible to apply a coupon. There is ALWAYS the error X message that the coupon is not valid. It makes no difference if I just have an English coupon, duplicate or translate it – whatever combination I tried, it doesn't work!!!
hidden link
hidden link

This is very urgent for us, as our event is in 5 weeks and we distributed all the coupons, but now getting into big trouble, as the German page is not working. Please help or give advice.

WooCommerce Version 1.6.6
WooCommerce Deutsch (de_DE) Version 2.5.3
WooCommerce Multilingual Version 1.4
WPML Multilingual CMS Version 2.6.4
WPML String Translation Version 1.5.4

http://wpml.org/forums/topic/translated-coupons-are-not-working-at-all/#post-100411

January 30, 2013 at 9:15 am #100419

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hello Salsa-Trips,

All coupons printed and distributed? This is urgent indeed then.
In order to save time and help you "fastest" I've sent you a private email regarding login credentials.

January 31, 2013 at 6:15 pm #101012

Salsa-Trips

Hi Andreas,
I provided login credentials immediately. Did you have a look into the settings or from whom can I get advice?
THX, Rico

February 1, 2013 at 12:06 pm #101208

Salsa-Trips

Hello,
Now, categories can't be assigned to a language and can't be translated anymore. Now it got even worse. Can you please give advice?
Thank you

February 1, 2013 at 12:42 pm #101232

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Hello Salsa-Trips,

The actual promo code one types in is "Salsa-Trips", correct?

I tried this and it seems that things work:
- I put product hidden link into cart
- typed in "Salsa-Trips" next to "Gutschein einlösen", pressed this button
- and the code was applied, 11.90 EUR less
..then..
- switched the cart into English, the code was still applied

Did I overlook something?

February 1, 2013 at 6:03 pm #101371

Salsa-Trips

Hi Andras,
now, product categories are NOT ML anymore.
Advantage: the coupons work now properly in both languages
New issues:
a) you can't translate product categories, e. g. Germany <=> Deutschland
b) switching the language, you will be lead to the homepage:
hidden link => NO German page corresponds
c) German product categories don't exist, also the English ones are not displayed:
hidden link => NO product categories

February 4, 2013 at 6:12 am #101660

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Hello Salsa-Trips,

Since the credentials are still not working and we therefore haven't changed/adjusted anything on the website - regarding a): have you added a new category lately?

February 4, 2013 at 11:11 am #101719

Salsa-Trips

Hi Andreas,
like I wrote clearly: The credentials ARE WORKING. I don't know what you try, but I can easily log-in with what I provided. You also have my complete contact data. So in case you really want to log in and check my settings, it would be very easy to contact me and we find out, why YOU can't log-in.

I have changed nothing, beside the updates which I listed. Before, product categories were ML, now they are NOT ML andymore. Hence coupons work in all languages, but GERMANY can't be translated to DEUTSCHLAND and so on.

Now that product categories are NOT WPML compatible anymore, it works stable, but this means, I bought WPML and at least here it is not working.

Regards,
Rico

February 4, 2013 at 11:30 am #101736

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Hello Rico,

Credentials provided in your email from February 1st?
Sorry, no - they don't work.

February 4, 2013 at 11:37 am #101740

Salsa-Trips

Andreas,
I assume that you use /wp-login...
Using /wp-admin like I provided, it works. I just tested it once agan: It definitively works!
Please contact me in Skype or Google Chat, in case you are still not able to log-in.
Thx, Rico

February 5, 2013 at 1:25 pm #102109

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Hello Rico,

Thanks for assisting! What I noticed now:
Compare http://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/ > "Translating Product Categories" Screenshot with your Product Categories.

In your product category view the links to the languages are missing completely, no wonder you have these category problems with German products. My colleague Dominykas will check today between 14:00-16:30 your installation.

The topic ‘[Closed] URGENT: Translated Coupons are not working at all’ is closed to new replies.