Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 10 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
January 25, 2019 at 9:37 am

tobiasL-11

when setting Advanced Category Pricing i fill in the Categories to Count and Categories to Adjust in the first languge.
This setting will not autmatically be used in the second language.
When I switch the language in the shop these fields are empty.
When I fill them in the second language as well and save, they work for the second language but then the fields are empty in the first language.
So it seems that I can only use the rules for one of the two languages.

January 25, 2019 at 10:45 am
January 25, 2019 at 11:03 am #3128586

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Escalated to Compatibility team

January 29, 2019 at 8:57 am #3138709

tobiasL-11

Hello,
can you give me some information on how long it'll take to fix this problem?
Our webshop is not usable due to this problem and we are missing needed income.

Thank you

January 30, 2019 at 11:28 am #3143557

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

the issue is escalated, but I can't tell you how much time it will take to fix it, because it may depend on various factors, so any estimate would be only a wild guess.

January 30, 2019 at 1:58 pm
January 30, 2019 at 2:00 pm #3144200

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

from the compatibility team they say it's a known issue, and that it's WooCommerce that needs to push the change.

We have a fixed file (unofficial), I sent it in the private message above, could you try it?

January 30, 2019 at 2:07 pm #3144228

tobiasL-11

Hello, I send you a request to get access to the file.

January 30, 2019 at 2:20 pm #3144271

tobiasL-11

I installed the plugin and activated it. The problem still presists.

January 31, 2019 at 9:30 am #3146945

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

could you please describe your process? We tested in the sandbox, and in the front end the category rules are correctly applied even to the translated category.

January 31, 2019 at 3:14 pm #3148525

tobiasL-11

I tested on a staging copy of the web site.
Alle plugins deactivarted but woocommerce, dynamic pricing and wpml
And then I did exactly the same as I descibed in the beginning of this ticket.
Without looking at the frontend, it's still the same issue that for the "advanced category pricing" the fields "Categories to Count:" and "Categories to Adjust:" are only setable in one language - either english or german - end the other one is empty then.

January 31, 2019 at 3:19 pm #3148532

tobiasL-11

I also tested in on the website with all plugins running in the frontend (I need certain plugins to make the reduction show up), and also there is the same problem.
if you can give me the sandox link again, I can try there again.

January 31, 2019 at 3:50 pm #3148629

Laura
Supporter

The Sandbox is here: hidden link

In the backend you can still the issue, but from the compatibility team I was told it's okay if you don't see the category in the second language, because it will automatically pick up the translation for the category.

We tested with the rule you'll find there, and it's working in the front end.
If you are finding issues with some specific rules, please explain them to us so we can see if we need to still fix things. If possible, please add some screenshots or a video.

January 31, 2019 at 4:07 pm #3148669

tobiasL-11

ignore this message.

January 31, 2019 at 4:48 pm #3148922

tobiasL-11

I could see that it's working in the sandbox.
I tried to reproduce this on the staging of our website:
- created a new simple product and new category
- created new category bulk price
- turned off all plugins but the ones that are active in sandbox
But the problem ist, that I can't put the test product in the shopping cart. There is nothing happening and I don't know why.....

Unfortunately, i can't test with the products in our shop that are connected to this problem, because they are composit products and they don't work if the composit plugin is not active. I deaktivated all plugins apart from the composit product plugin and the translation problem was still there. So this might be the reason.
BUT I can't say for sure, because I can't test it with a simple, new product.

Can you have a look on my staging site and tell me why I can't put the new product in the shopping cart?
What can we do if the composit product plugin is the readon why it still doesn't work? This plugin is tha core of our shop and we can't work without it.