This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
May 1, 2019 at 1:24 am

samT-11

Hi,

I submitted a ticket for this yesterday (having explained the issue with screenshots and granted access to the website).

For some reason the ticket has been closed without an answer.

I will give the login credentials below.

Here is a video explainer of the issue:
hidden link

Please could someone give me an update if possible as I have client demo of this system tomorrow, sorry to be difficult (I am just a little stressed at the moment and was suprised the ticket was closed without response last night).

Many thanks,
Lee

May 1, 2019 at 5:51 am #3716125

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Sam,

I will help you with your issue.

I checked your site, the product description field is a custom field generated by theme which is set to don't translate in Multilingual content settings.

Please follow the steps,

1) Edit any product , Scroll down to the bottom of the produce edit page to the section "Multilingual content setup"

2) Under the custom, fields table set the option to "Translate" for the custom field "thegem_product_description"

3) Apply the changes

4) Update the product, Now the field will be visible in the translation.

Please note you might have to update all the products in default translation so that the product description field is visible in translation for all the products. If you have more products use the bulk edit option to update all the products in default translation at once.

I hope this solves your issue.

Kind regards
Raja

May 2, 2019 at 7:13 am #3722199

samT-11

thank you very much Raja, I appreciate your help.

Your solution has worked well, the only problem being that the field in the translation editor shows a single line field whereas it should be a multi-line text box. this means that it loses all the formatting of the text in terms of line breaks etc.

I have attached a screen shot so you can take a look thanks

May 2, 2019 at 1:54 pm #3725137

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

That is strange !. Is it possible for you to check the field type? I am unable to login to your site, Please restore the login I have enabled the private fields.
Let me know how the custom field is added using code or using a plugin or theme?

Regards
Raja

The topic ‘[Closed] Urgent: Woocommerce missing fields in translated version’ is closed to new replies.