This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Andrey 5 years, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrey.

Author Posts
January 14, 2014 at 9:52 am #320807

lukaszD

Hi,

I will be grateful for a simple and quick reply.

The site i made for my client is simply unusable with your plugin installed. It loads the server so much that they will soon disable my account - about 4500 queries on average. It is also super slow (8-15 sec wait for any response in admin) and virtually impossible to work with. I'm in trouble because of it.

You know that there is a bug, you're saying that there will be a fix but you've been saying this since November last year.

I need a response right now - when is the fix expected? Otherwise I have to ask for a refund and put an awful amount of work to find another solution for a multilanguage setting of my site.

IMHO, you shouldn't sell a product that is known to cause such issues.

So far, super disappointed.

Looking forward to a precise response as I don't know what to do!

Luke

January 14, 2014 at 10:35 am #320844

Dat Hoang

Hello lukaszD,

We are spending many resources for improving performance. At first, I recommend you read this http://wpml.org/2012/01/can-your-site-run-faster/, focus on heading 'Using WPML Better'.

Could you let me know "You know that there is a bug, you're saying that there will be a fix but you've been saying this since November last year." ? What is the specific thing here?

I'm sending you the dev stable version via email, please try it.

Thanks.

January 14, 2014 at 6:54 pm #321217

lukaszD

Dear Dat,

Thanks for your response. I've installed the dev version and it seems to have improved the situation but the admin is still significantly slower with wpml than without it.

I've tried the solution in the post suggested but it didn't seem to help.

Will be doing extensive testing tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks,
Luke

January 15, 2014 at 9:59 am #321447

Dat Hoang

Hello lukaszD,

Yes, please let me know if you have more info.

Thanks.

January 16, 2014 at 12:23 pm #322321

lukaszD

Dear Dat,
The situation is better but wpml is still generating about 80% of the loadtime which is sometimes 10s.
I will duplicate the site and then do tests without wpml once again to see the difference.
Do you expect the final version of the 3.1 to close to the current dev or qute different?
Will get back to you today if I manage to spare some time for tests.

Update:
hidden link (no wpml)
hidden link (with wpml)
it’s the exact copy
Didn’t want to post it on the forum.
Please advise me what you think I should do - I think that for now wpml is really bad for the user experience and it would be much more beneficial to install two instances in two different domains with two differnt languages.
Do you think that the final upadte of 3.1 will do the thing to make the website more speed friendly?

Thanks.

January 17, 2014 at 6:50 am #322695

Dat Hoang

Hello lukaszD,

The final WPML 3.1 will be released in next 2 weeks and a bit different with the dev version.
It will overcome these performance issues.

Thank you for your understanding.

January 22, 2014 at 9:25 am #325579

lukaszD

Thanks for the reply.
I will have to move my website to another hosting due to overload and sluggishness (long response times for the frontend). That's a bummer and caused me lots of unpleasant conversations with the client.

Hope you release the update soon and it will be all that you say it will.

Otherwise I will have to ask for a refund and find myself another route to multiligual.

Thanks,
Luke

January 22, 2014 at 11:18 am #325713

Dat Hoang

Hello Luke,

We will have the update in the end of this month. It will overcome this performance issue.

Thank you.

January 29, 2014 at 9:35 am #329509

lukaszD

Dat,

How are things with the update?

I can see there are new downloadable files fron Jan 24th but they don't mention any speed or db issues.

Please update me on that,

FYI: I still had to change the shared hosting to maintain the site and this caused me an awful lot of problems. Including the one that the client refuses to pay for the site...

Thanks,
Lukasz

January 30, 2014 at 8:25 am #330255

Andrey
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Russian (Русский )

Timezone: Europe/Kiev (GMT+03:00)

Hello Lukasz,

Dat away now, so i decided to step in, hope this OK.

Unfortunately, for now no updates, our WPML team is already working on the next major version. WPML 3.1 will bring major speed optimizations, so you need to wait this release and then test in your site.

Thank you for your patience,
Andrey

January 30, 2014 at 10:43 am #330397

lukaszD

Hi Andrey,

Thanks for the info, but Dat said that the release will take place at the end of the month which is NOW. I could really use more specific info.

Thanks in advance,
Lukasz

January 30, 2014 at 3:01 pm #330599

Andrey
Supporter

Hello Lukasz,

Sorry, but our developers still working on release, i can't give you an estimate date yet, but it should be soon.

You can install Installer plugin and you will be always notified if new versions of WPML plugins available, also you can possible to update plugins from plugin page :
hidden link

Thank you,
Andrey

February 6, 2014 at 7:48 am #334365

lukaszD

Guys,
can you or can you not tell me the date.
Otherwise I will ask for a refund and get my hands on other solutions out there. Our mutual cooperation has really been rather unrewarding so far.
Lukasz

February 6, 2014 at 7:44 pm #335020

Andrey
Supporter

Hello Lukasz,

Please allow me to consult our developers about this, soon i will be back to you.

Thank you,
Andrey

February 7, 2014 at 9:45 am #335284

Andrey
Supporter

Hello Lukasz,

I've consulted with our developers, they told me that new version on testing now and should be released in a week, if all will be OK.

Thank you for understanding,
Andrey

The topic ‘[Closed] Urgent:Admin slow, massive load on processor and sql’ is closed to new replies.