Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The ‘accommodation’ slug in the SohoHotel theme is translated, but all the ‘accommodation’ posts are resolving in 404. This is happening when English is the second language and not the default language.

Solution:

It seems that you were translating the string ‘accommodation’ with text domain sohohotel_booking. But you need to translate the ‘accommodation’ string with the WordPress text domain and delete the ‘accommodation’ with the sohohotel_booking text domain.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 2 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
March 2, 2018 at 3:00 pm

herveH-2

Bonjour,

certaines pages de mon site ressortent en erreur 404.
Il s'agit de 3 pages en français avec leur équivalent en anglais soit 6 pages au total.
Ces pages existent bien, il s'agit donc d'un problème de lien rompus.
J'ai d'ailleurs vérifié avec l'outil online broken links checker. Mes 6 url sont les seules qui posent problème.
après investigations, je me suis aperçues que les url des versions anglaises des pages n'étaient plus correctes !!!

hidden link
l'url de la page correspondante a été modifiée comme suit
hidden link
alors que cela devrait être : hidden link

pour votre information, j'ai importé dans mon nouveau thème mes données personnalisées de l'ancienne version du même éditeur de ce thème. et j'ai le sentiment d'avoir des problèmes de dysfonctionnement intempestif du fait de l'existence de données dont je n'ai plus besoin.

Merci de m'indiquer comment nettoyer toutes ces chaînes qui sont je pense à l'origine de ce problème.

Cordialement

March 3, 2018 at 9:48 am #1535052

herveH-2

HI
I have found something.

even if I have translated my wordpress dashboard, I tried to create new rooms pages.

the URL generated was hidden link. And this link doesn't function because the rooms pages are in the "chambre" menu in french.

so normally it must be hidden link.

looking for through the WPML strings to translate I have seen that this problem come from the translation of the url slug accommodation of wordpress.

so I changed the expression in french and now it is OK. No 404 error on these french pages.

But it is not the case for the english one. Even if I had decided that the english url must be the french one with the english name of the page : for example hidden link. because of the url accommodation slug it appear hidden link and the page cannot be found. So 404 error.

If you have any explanation to me. thanks a lot

Best regards

Marie-Elisabeth TAKACS

March 4, 2018 at 8:55 pm #1535606

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hello, Marie-Elisabeth.

I think that this issue is related to your theme the Soho Hotel theme by quitenicestuff. This theme is compatible with WPML https://wpml.org/theme/soho-hotel/. But I can find in our forum a similar issue. Please see it here. https://wpml.org/es/forums/topic/pages-url-traduction-soho-hotel-plugin/.
I can see that you are using a child theme for this theme.
Are you using the latest version of this theme (the parent theme)?
If not, then please update to the latest version and see if it corrects the issue.
You may need to create a new page under "accommodation" to see if it works.
If you are using the latest version and still getting this issue then, please see if the solution offered in the above link (top yellow section) work for you. In your case, in wp-config.php it would be this (because your site is in French):

define('WPLANG', 'fr_FR');

To this:

define('WPLANG', '');

Because your site is in French.

Please let me know if this information is helping you solve the problem.

Regards,
Itamar.

March 6, 2018 at 12:21 pm #1537575

herveH-2

hello,
I'm using the last version of soho hotel AND I had added this code line define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M'); , in wp-config.php. But it is still the same thing
You can see the 404 error when you try to see the english rooms pages on my website.

Best regards

Marie-Elisabeth

March 7, 2018 at 12:57 pm #1539060

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Marie-Elisabeth.

What about this code (or similar).

define('WPLANG', 'fr_FR');

Did you find it in the wp-config.php file?

March 7, 2018 at 3:57 pm #1539420

herveH-2

Hi ITAMAR,

No I have not find this code. that's why I have used this one : define('WPLANG', '');

Best regards

Marie-Elisabeth

March 7, 2018 at 4:00 pm #1539427

herveH-2

Itamar

I have just seen yor question about this code : define('WPLANG', 'fr_FR');

I have had no langage code before the one you recommand to includ in the wp-config.php file

March 8, 2018 at 11:04 am #1540356

Itamar
Supporter

Marie-Elisabeth, I would like to check things on your site, but when I try the access details that you have shared with us in your initial post, the do not work.
Could please check this and share with me the correct credentials?
For this, I'm enabling private message for the next reply.

March 9, 2018 at 1:49 pm
March 13, 2018 at 11:10 am #1544616

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Marie-Elisabeth and sorry for the late response.

You have placed the define('WPLANG', ''); below the following line.
/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */
That is wrong nothing should be placed below that line.

In any case, I've downloaded a copy of your site, and I'll try the suggestion that I've pointed you to on the other ticket.

I'll keep you updated here.

March 13, 2018 at 11:57 am #1544651

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I can see that now the active theme is the SohoHotel theme and not the Soho Hotel Child theme as it was when you submitted this ticket.
Are you planning to continue using the child theme?
Or maybe you want to work now only with the parent theme?
I ask this because it is important for me to know that to solve the issue.

Thanks,
Itamar.

March 13, 2018 at 4:30 pm #1545020

herveH-2

Hi,

As I told you before, Yvette from your support team is also looking for an incompatibility problem between WPML STRING TRANSLATION and WP BAKERY PAGE BUILDER. So I think that she is responsible of the activation of the principal theme instead of the child one.
Thanks to see with her.
That's the problem when there are several problems, probably linked together; as we have to create several tickets !

So just know that I'm not working anymore on my website.

awaiting for your response.

best regards

Marie-Elisabeth

March 14, 2018 at 1:48 pm #1545855

Itamar
Supporter

Ok, I'll discuss this with Yvette and try to understand.
I'll keep you updated here.

March 15, 2018 at 1:08 pm #1546947

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I'm discussing this issue with our second tier supporter and reply here when I have an update.

Thank you for your patience.

March 15, 2018 at 2:50 pm #1547099

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

It seems that you were translating the string ‘accommodation’ with text domain sohohotel_booking. Our compatibility developer has checked this issue and deleted that string and kept accommodation string with text domain WordPress. Now it is working fine. You can see that there is no 404 for this link. hidden link.

Can you please confirm that now the issue is solved?

Thanks,
Itamar.