This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andrés 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrés.

Author Posts
January 15, 2020 at 6:08 pm #5300503

Anonymous

Hello,

I am using WPML with 2 languages (french and english) for my website: hidden link and I use Divi as my theme.
The url format option I chose is /en/ as you can see in the screen capture I added. So for english visitors, it is normally hidden link

(FYI, another problem I have is that the content is not translated when I switch languages in the backend menu so it is in french in the picture)

In the google search results when I type escalosud, I can see multiple urls that contain "?lang=en" at the end like the below examples.

hidden link
hidden link

I tried to save the url format again and save the permalinks also but it still happens the same way.
For a while, I tried to redirect or block these url from google search console but they shouldn't even exist like this in the first place and that didn't solve the problem.

I don't know why that would happen but there is probably a setting or a corrupted file somewhere to does that.

Have you had this issue before and can you give me a solution to this problem?

Thanks.

Regards

JB

January 16, 2020 at 7:02 am #5303349

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+01:00)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support forum.

This forum is intended for how to questions. It seems that the issue that you are experiencing is beyond that and it is more a technical problem, maybe a compatibility issue.
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/accounts-for-wpml-end-users/

We committed with the site developer that this forum is only for that and we won't mess his development. So, for this kind of questions, you should ask your developer (license owner) to open a ticket in the technical forum.

Best regards,
Andrés

The forum ‘Translation support’ is closed to new topics and replies.