This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by hooiC 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
March 12, 2019 at 7:59 am #3318939

hooiC

I am trying to: the links on the footer is not working for all the language sites. Links under Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy do not direct to the translated page. its directed to the English(default) page. these links are created in a widget per language site. I didn't think we need to manually translate the URL. i thought its clever enough to lautomatically re-direct for each link. how do we establish the name of the URL? If we were to translate this in the string translation, do we need to manually translate each url, also? currently the Adjust IDs for multilingual functionality" option is disabled

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: see screenshots

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

March 12, 2019 at 12:55 pm #3322229

hooiC

Hi Alejandro, i have updated all the url and now the links work. my only question is I noticed I forgot to translate the title 'useful links' to Dutch. after i made the change, the url slug is still "useful-links". I was expecting it to change to match the title of the page. It still direct me to the dutch page but it would nice that the url also changes. where can i change this url? currently i am using ATE for the translation file.

March 13, 2019 at 1:10 pm #3333785

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

In that case go to WPML > Settings > Translated documents options > Select Translate (this will include the slug in the translation and not create it automatically from the title)

Afterwards, make a change to the page you want to edit (maybe add a characer to the title, for example) and then try to update the translation, you should now see a field with the URL which you can now edit as you will!.

Let me know how it goes.

March 13, 2019 at 2:08 pm #3334339

hooiC

If i change and save the settings: WPML > Settings > Translated documents options > Select Translate (this will include the slug in the translation and not create it automatically from the title) - would this mean all the other pages will also be affected? i just want to fix the issue for this page only.

March 14, 2019 at 3:37 pm #3346463

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

It will affect them, but you will not damange anything, because the first "translation" you'll get for the slug is the current one. that way you can keep the ones you want and change the ones you don't.

Plus, this change doesn't take effect until you don't update the page and it's not something that will be done automatically, you will be able to check the slug and change it if you see fit.

Let me know how it goes.

April 3, 2019 at 3:51 pm #3528365

hooiC

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!