If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 10 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
January 15, 2019 at 10:35 pm #3094913

hamidT-3

I am trying to:
Hi there, I am using WPML, I have English (Main), Turkish and persian languages.
(good to mention that in the beginning the Turkish language was the main language and then I have changed the main language to English language) - CURRENTLY THE MAIN LANGUAGE IS ENGLISH
I have created a Turkish version of English pages and I associate the pages. (in the admin I mentioned that the Turkish language is the translation of English language. after a while I understood that all my Turkish pages are NOT INDEXED in the google. Google consider the Turkish pages as a Duplicate and now none of my Turkish pages are INDEXed in the google.

Google consider English version of website as Cononical, however, Google must understand the both language a CANONICAL. GOOGLE consider the Turkish language and persian language as DUPLICATE
how can I solve this problem????????????? I think you should have informed us about this problem happening by GOOGLE.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
hidden link

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

January 16, 2019 at 9:42 am #3096715

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi There,
Welcome to our forum, I will be handling your ticket.

I have checked your site indexing your google site: keyword and I can see around 800+ turkey pages are indexed by Google (screenshot shot attached).

WPML rightly adds the canonical tags and hreflang tag which is required by Google for correct indexing. Even if you have duplicate (same) content existing different language they will be treated as different content with any issues.

I'm not sure where exactly google marks the turkey and Persian content as duplication can you give us an example URL where we can check with the available tools.

The URL inspected in google index in your screenshot doesn't exist in your site and hence returns URL, not in google and a 404 error in your site hidden link

please let us know if you need further help I will be happy to help you.

Best regards,
Raja

January 17, 2019 at 2:18 pm #3102360

hamidT-3

The screenshot of indexing pages are not correct. I can add many pages that are not indexed. I have add a few pages for search console.

Google is showing 800 pages but they are not correct. if you go to second or third pages of google you will see that no index related to abroadbiz

January 18, 2019 at 4:38 am #3104789

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Hamid,

I have checked the indexed page again now the count shows 900+ pages for turkey language, Hopefully, you are adding some pages or the Google crawling is happening at a certain phase.

I have also checked all the other pages of the indexed result I can see only the results from abroadbiz.com/tr/. Please check the video for your reference, the results in page 13 are also showing pages from abroadbiz.com/tr/

hidden link

Please, since we can see the pages are indexed and if you have some pages not indexed by google kindly recrawl the site.

Let me know if you need further assistance, I will be happy to help you.

Best regards,
Raja