This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
September 20, 2018 at 1:39 am #2750235

kelvinL-3

Dear Sir/Madam,

Initially, I have 3 languages, English, Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese. English is the default language, after finishing the setup, everything ok. Now I switch the default language from English to Traditional Chinese, the home URL for Traditional Chinese is now changed to hidden link instead of hidden link

The URL recorded in Google Search is still hidden link but get 404 error. How can I solve it?

Best regards,

Kelvin.

September 21, 2018 at 8:38 am #2754328

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Kelvin,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

For your kind updates, it will be an expected result because the default language is switched to Traditional Chinese. So the URLs will be changed like the following.

hidden link to hidden link

hidden link to hidden link;

As a workaround, you can choose *Use directory for default language* option of WPML>>Languages>>Language URL format>>Different languages in directories. It will help you to add the language code for Traditional Chinese. Please check the following documentation for more details and let me know your feedback.

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/directory-default-language/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] URL with language code no longer exist after changing default language’ is closed to new replies.