This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The URLs created in Elementor text box point to the original language link on the frontend.

Solution: - Go to WPML -> Settings -> Post Types Translation, and set Pages to "Translatable - only show translated items" and save. - Edit your homepage in Elementor (do a minor change like add a space or a period) and update the page. - Check if the URLs are pointing to the correct language now.

Relevant Documentation:

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Erik 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Ricardo Alday.

Author Posts
October 25, 2018 at 3:29 pm

Erik

I am trying to: Make Custom urls in one universal homepage

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: I made links in Elementor to, for example, a French page hidden link . In Elementor that url stays like that and is correct (also the little flags). But on the actual page the url has been altered to the url of the main language hidden link (Dutch). The same goes for the English url, but not for the German url . I searched on Google but did not find a similar problem.

October 27, 2018 at 1:53 am #2854306

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. Please, my sincere apologies for the delay in answering.

I saw the problem you're reporting. Please, can I install the Duplicator or All in One Migration plugin to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

Thank you.

October 27, 2018 at 12:39 pm #2855115

Erik

Hi Bruno, thank you for your reply.
Please make the copy if you need to.

Best, Erik

October 29, 2018 at 7:07 pm #2859273

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Hi Erik, I just wanted to send you an update that Bruno is off this afternoon but will continue troubleshooting your site as soon as he returns. Thanks for your patience.

October 30, 2018 at 11:06 pm #2863800

Ricardo Alday

Hi Erik,

Bruno is off for today. I checked your site and I suggest the following:
- Go to WPML -> Settings -> Post Types Translation, and set Pages to "Translatable - only show translated items" and save.
- Edit your homepage in Elementor (do a minor change like add a space or a period) and update the page.
- Check if the URLs are pointing to the correct language now.

Let me know what you find out.

Thanks,
Ricardo

October 31, 2018 at 7:47 am #2864640

Erik

Hi Ricardo, thank you very much, the solution you suggested works. Everything is ok now!
All the best, Erik

October 31, 2018 at 7:48 am #2864641

Erik

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!