This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
April 15, 2019 at 12:16 pm #3613275

dimitrisM-3

Hello, I am ready to translate my website. I prefer to use Advanced Translation Editor for my translation but after i will have to add same changes in page manual like photo gallery will be different on many pages. Which is the best way to make this? I see that if I translated a page with Advanced Translation Editor and then turn off "Use WPML's Translation Editor" i can add my changes but I have warning that "Warning: You are trying to edit a translation that is currently in the process of being added using WPML. " Its Ok like this?

April 16, 2019 at 3:41 am #3617853

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

Yes, the warning will be there, so it's normal.

But when using two editors you will need to be sure about these things:

- Make sure you only switch from one editor to another when the translation is completed or "marked as complete"

- If you move to switcher without completing the translation, the synchronization can be lost and will be required to make the translation again in some cases.

You mentioned that you wanted to use a different photo gallery based on the language, you can achieve this without changing editors too.

If you want to just change the images, please refer to this documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/

If you are adding photo gallery using shortcodes you can mark the shortcodes as translate and add the translated shortcode in the translation.

Let me know if this helps.

Kind Regards,
Shekhar

April 16, 2019 at 3:37 pm #3623601

dimitrisM-3

Thank for your help. If I use "Advanced Translation Editor" and after adding something manually and when I fix translation again with "Advanced Translation Editor" I will lose my manual add on this page or will keep them?

April 17, 2019 at 4:53 am #3627159

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

This depends upon situations, Translation editors run differently than the manual editor and they try to synchronize things and while doing so changing editors as you mentioned is not recommended as it can create synchronize issues. For example, If the same text is set to be synchronized (copy) and you change it using the manual editor, the next time you use translation editors it will be overridden with the original ones.

Being so I recommend you to use a single editor for translations, you can specify a single editor to a specific page as described here too, if you wish to use ATE for all sites except few pages.
+ https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks