Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 6 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
May 8, 2019 at 12:54 pm #3766773
canayY

I use ampersands (&) in some of my pages and html blocks. The advanced translation editor doesn't work for these. If I simple type an & in the translation, when I look at the html output, this is replaced by '&' which displays as '&' on the frontend of my site. I previously requested support on this and didn't really get an answer. I want to see if I can translate this page with the Classic Translation Editor, but I can't see how to use it for just one page. I need to continue using the Advanced translation Editor for all other parts of the site.

New threads created by Alejandro and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/ampersand-not-shown-corretly-on-advanced-translation-editor/

May 8, 2019 at 2:56 pm #3767971

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

The assignment of the type of editor is done here:
- WPML > Settings > How to translate posts and pages > New Content
- WPML > Settings > How to translate posts and pages > Content that was created with WPML's Classic Translation Editor

Unfortunately, there is no way to do a "per-page" assignment.

To simulate this, you could try doing the following:

1. First toggle the editor in New Content to use the Classic Translation Editor (CTE) for both "New content" and "Content created with ..."
2. Then open the page and begin a translation with this editor
3. Now, toggle the edito for "New content" back to ATE.
4. Now, since you have already started the translation using CTE, it should remain with this editor.

HOWEVER, I am not sure that this is a "persistent" workaround. You might have to do this each time you add new content....you might have to do some tests.

May 10, 2019 at 9:57 am #3783017

canayY

Okay, I'll try that - any chance this problem with the ampersands will be fixed in an update?

May 14, 2019 at 7:11 am #3804221

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Since Yvette already answered one of the questions of this ticket, i suggest that you close it if you feel her workaround suits you.

I split and answered the second question of this ticket, this way we keep things clean and it will be easier for future readers with the same problem (It's part of our policy to only answer one question per ticket).

Regards.