This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
May 3, 2018 at 10:30 am #1953991

athanasiosZ

There are some system strings already available and translated for wordpress (e.g Login, Register, Logout) and many more system strings. Is it possible to use this translation instead of having to translate them myself manually from the String Translation option of your plugin?

May 4, 2018 at 12:49 pm #1975240

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

If you go to WPML -> Theme and Plugin localization, you can select the option to use .mo/.po files for translation. This will load the translations that have been included in the .po files. This will also load them into the string translation table where you can change/edit the translations as needed.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

May 5, 2018 at 8:40 am #1987840

athanasiosZ

I'm sorry that didn't help.. I activated the option Translate themes and plugins using WPML's String Translation and always load .mo files as backup and then tried with Don't use String Translation to translate themes and plugins and nothing happened

May 7, 2018 at 1:10 pm #2012544

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Where are the strings that you are trying to translate? The strings contained in the WordPress .po files will translate strings such as the WordPress dashboard. If the strings you are trying to translate are in a different text domain, such as your theme, you may need to import them into your theme text domain. You can do this by going to WPML -> String Translation. Use the Import section to upload the .po file that has the translations, and then select the correct text domain and check the box to include translations. Please let me know if this resolves the issue for you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Use default wordpress translation for system strings’ is closed to new replies.