This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
August 8, 2019 at 7:34 am #4360373

vorakarnw

I have changed the hosting server to VPS as I can manage root to do server alias.

- I have point hidden link to my VPS IP already.

- I have config server alias as attach file

it still do not work

please help

August 8, 2019 at 5:47 pm #4365215

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Regarding your issue, can you please confirm if you have followed our instructions on how to setup different domains per language at: https://wpml.org/2016/04/use-wpml-different-domains-per-language/? Also, can you please try entering the domain directly as the ServerAlias instead of your current value? Please, let me know so we can proceed with our support efforts. Thank you for your collaboration, have a nice day.

August 9, 2019 at 1:51 am #4366403

vorakarnw

Hi Marcos,

Thank you for your reply. I did put "ServerAlias *.www.glamhabitat.ru" also did not work

August 9, 2019 at 6:10 pm #4372385

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

In your particular case, it would be of help to provide us also with your CPanel or any other host management access so I can take a better look in your server settings.

Please, let me know if you need any additional details. Have a nice day.

August 12, 2019 at 4:40 pm #4382421

vorakarnw

Hi Marcos,

My subscription is about to get to 30 days following the refund policy. Could you please expedite your investigation. I think I have to refund before 17 Aug if it is does not work.

Could you please advise whether I can get refund until 17 Aug or not.

Thank you.

August 12, 2019 at 5:34 pm #4382819

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. As regarding the refund, please refer to https://wpml.org/purchase/refunds-policy/ for more details on how to proceed. As regarding your question, I took a look in your WPML language settings and indeed your multiple domain setup is still marked as 'not valid'.

As it works fine for others we can assume WPML is not the culprit here, instead your server settings doesn't seem to be correct, I know this is a basic and generic answer but in these cases only your server support or server admin can proceed with the correct settings of your multiple domain setup as WPML won't interfer in any settings here.

As soon as your server aliases are pointing to the same place your server name is in your apache/niginx servers configurations files, then it will be just a matter of entering these domains for the WPML language setup as the provided resource of my previous reply indicates. As a test you can notice hidden link points properly to your website, while your secondary domains (for example hidden link) doesn't have a valid DNS configuration and does't return any answer from your server.

Hope it brings a bit of clarifications to your answers. Have a nice day.

August 12, 2019 at 10:48 pm #4383881

vorakarnw

Hi Marcos,

I need instruction how to set up on direct admin. I have found many post mentioned about "direct admin" set up for WPMP and I have not get any answer from those posts

Since I am new "wordpress" user and I sure that the will not be able to learn put any coding to pointing server aliase. On the other hand, I have ask my hosting provider and the answer and they show me the following link only.

hidden link

Please advise if I can move forward with MPML in this situation.

August 14, 2019 at 1:14 am #4391277

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I fully understand your frustration, but in these cases, unfortunately only your host provider support can give you the right directions on how to setup your domains to point to your server properly. Note, here we don't have a case where you have your domains working but facing issues with WPML, in your case you are stuck with your server configuration, something out of the scope of our support.

We really would like to help our customers in everything they need, but in such situations we are not able to proceed due to our support policies and also for the several systems and host environments differences. Please, make sure you have all your domains pointing and getting response from your server and we'll do our best to make WPML work with your secondary domains, Hope it brings a bit of clarifications to your questions, have a nice day.