This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
October 2, 2018 at 6:03 pm #2782442

janirG

I would like to use only one language (finnish) and need to translate several things (theme, some plugins etc). Do I then need to install "WPML Multilingual CMS" plugin or is it just "WPML String Translation" that I need to install? Or even better which plugins do I need to install?
Maybe later I want to have the possibility to switch on the language switcher. Is that possible to do later?

October 3, 2018 at 7:12 am #2783634

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

If you are planning on translating your pages/posts then this is OK and you will not need to use the String Translation and Translation Management.

But if you are going to need to use a translation service to translate your pages/posts, translate theme strings and admin texts and/or need to have a multilingual e-commerce store then I suggest you install both String Translation and Translation Management.

Maybe later I want to have the possibility to switch on the language switcher. Is that possible to do later?
- yes, you can do this later anytime you want.
- you just have to enable the switcher in the place you want.

Regards,
Riffaz.

The topic ‘[Closed] Use only finnish right now (with future possibility of english)’ is closed to new replies.