This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
July 23, 2019 at 6:04 pm #4268605

edwinX

I am trying to:
I want to set as "Copy" one of the custom field on a post. I was looking for the settings page where I can configure that for custom post fields. but I noticed that it is only available after installing the "WPML Translation Management" plugin. Otherwise there is also the setting to configure custom post types, but not its custom fields.

I went and enabled the "Translation Management" plugin, but not when I try to translate a page or a custom post type the Translation Editor shows up and doean-t let me change the design per language individuallly but only the text in each page.

I want to set the setting to "Copy" on some custom fields, but without having to use the Translation Editor. Previously I remember the was a setting called "Translation Manually" or something like that under the "How to Manage translations", but It seems to be gone.

Can you please point me in the right direction on how to do this?

July 23, 2019 at 9:52 pm #4269023

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. You cannot set these custom fields to "copy" without WPML Translation Management.

You can, however, install WPML Translation Management and configure it as desired and to translate pages using the native WordPress interface, you can switch to the secondary language using the top bar.

Another option is to disable WPML Translation Editor directly within pages/posts. I will attach two images for you to see.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.