This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Studio LOST 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
May 5, 2019 at 6:55 am #3741841

Studio LOST

Tell us what you are trying to do? i have 2 languages: EN master / IT slave: i have variable products and they are downloadable ones, so when a customer buys the product, receives the variation file associated with the variation selecte. they are ebooks. a mobi, a pdf and a epub version. i need to upload and use different files in differetn languages, because the ebook is translated in italian and english, so when a customer wants to buy a pdf italian version from the italian version of the product page, he must receive the italian pdf, not the english one, and now the italian product pages are locked (see screenshot), due to the fact that EN is the main language. how can i disjoin this locking and use different values (it means: file urls) throough different languages for my products?

Is there any documentation that you are following? https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/

Is there a similar example that we can see? i don't know - i searched the forums and did not find anything similar

What is the link to your site? hidden link this product is locked by the original english language version hidden link

May 6, 2019 at 6:12 am #3744977

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

Please go to WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual > Settings, In Product Download Fields section select the option "Add separate download files for translations when translating products" is selected. This will enable you to add different files for translation.

Let me know if that helps.

Kind regards
Raja

May 7, 2019 at 8:38 am #3755361

Studio LOST

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!