Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dražen Duvnjak 8 months ago.

Author Posts
August 31, 2023 at 9:59 am #14319035

nikiforosB

Hi, I have a user with the Editor role and I have assigned him as a translator. He could translate everything without a problem but suddenly today he can't. I created a new user and a new user role and assign him as a translator with full capabilities. I tried to translate one page and it worked. I went back to translate another one but he can't. The message is "Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page." But he has full capabilities and he is aa translator.

September 1, 2023 at 6:29 am #14324361

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

if it works with a new user, it means your current user has some corutped capabilities or something changed. Since I see you ar using plugins for this, that is a possibility.

Best I can suggest is to make sure translator has set correct language pairs and next WPML capabilities:

- https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-admin-capabilities/

Other then that maybe the best would be to re-create a new user if it works fine like that.

Regards.
Drazen

September 1, 2023 at 6:53 am #14324583

nikiforosB

Hi, maybe I didn't describe the problem clearly. The new user could translate only one post. After that no other posts could be translated. Of course he is assigned as a translator and he has all capabilities enabled as the super admin.

September 1, 2023 at 8:26 am #14325019

nikiforosB

Well, I just figured out that there is a conflict with the UIpress plugin. If Uipress is enabled, no other user role can translate except the administrator. If disabled, everything works fine. I have already contacted the UIpress team to inform them about the issue. Thank you for your time.

September 1, 2023 at 11:30 am #14326221

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

great, thanks for informing us.

I advise inviting plugin authors to our GoGlobal program and we will be glad to help with compatibility work. We will also try to invite them from our side.

- https://wpml.org/documentation/support/go-global-program/

Regards,
Drazen

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.