This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 9 voices.

Last updated by steveH-9 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
February 11, 2019 at 6:19 am #3180913

yotsawutE

Tell us what you are trying to do?
- I'm using WPML to translate English to Thai language for my client website, I have created user role editor and already added a translator in Local translator, but the user role editor unable create duplicate post or page when click "duplicate" button in post editor (please see in the screenshot), nothing happen when click the button and document in Thai language doesn't create.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

February 12, 2019 at 10:00 am #3187660

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

It seems like this is an exact bug reported within our internal documentation and is already being worked on - I will get back to you as soon as I will have more information!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

February 20, 2019 at 8:39 am #3220261

Dennis

Hi,

something new about this issue? 4.2.0 is out since 6.2.19 and imho this is just a huge bug. there are several forum threads talking about this problem - so it seems not to be a super individual issue, isnt it?

currently my clients can not create translated posts with the duplication feature. in a lot of cases - especially with a lot of custom fields this is a very important feature.

thanks
dennis

February 20, 2019 at 10:28 am #3220813

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Our 2nd tier checked this, confirmed an issue and sent it to developers. I will get back to you as soon as I will have any information related to possible implementation.

As for fixing it, I can't give you any dates, not even close. It could end up in the next release or in 6 months. This is totally up to developers - severity of the issue and number of reported cases (among other things) decide its queue on the list.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

February 22, 2019 at 6:23 pm #3233665

Dennis

Hm, ok. I totally understand, that WPML developers do have a roadmap.

If you - or your developers - think, that the potential, that every non administrator of a wordpress backend is not able to create translation posts by duplicating the original post, is a bug, that can be fixed in 6 month, than it is an opinion. I do have mine about that ...

March 14, 2019 at 5:57 pm #3347757

nicolaR-11

I have the same problem ... are there any news?

March 16, 2019 at 1:17 pm #3360375

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

This issue has been escalated to WPML developers. As for fixing it, I can't give you any dates, it could end up in the next release or in 6 months. This is totally up to developers - severity of the issue and number of reported cases (among other things) decide its queue on the list.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

March 19, 2019 at 8:02 am #3376081

Kasia

We are also having this issue. Which presumably will affect the dozens of clients we use WPML with. Hoping for a quick solution to this problem.

to others: seems they can still create the alt. lang page from the page/post table view, but it won't duplicate. Any other methods?

Thanks

March 30, 2019 at 10:02 am #3497841

Dennis

Hello again,

in the latest version duplication is completely unusable. even for administrators.

1) not all meta fields are duplicated
2) usually after duplication there was a reload of the page. this is not like this anymore and seems to be a new issue.
-> the edit icons in the right sidebar are clickable, but the language change with the dropdown on the topbar does not work.

cause not all postmeta fields are not duplicated, now we have un absolutely buggy product here. wpml is just a crap. i would give a lot of money to get a working alternative ...

PLEASE advice your developers to priorize this big big issue. it causes a lot of trouble for everyone using your plugin.

March 30, 2019 at 10:10 am #3497897

Dennis

Here is a screenshot of my postmeta database of an original post (german) and its english post directly after duplication.

it is no difference between doing the duplication with translation management or directly in the sidebar of the original post.

April 2, 2019 at 11:28 am #3516477

Branko Karapandza

Same here, we run a large news portal with many translators and once we updated to latest version, role editor can not duplicate post anymore. This is not a minor bug.

April 9, 2019 at 9:06 am #3564667

steveH-9

Any news on this?

May 5, 2019 at 8:51 am #3742127

felixw-9

Hi
I"m using the latest wpml plugin and add-ons 4.2.6.
editor role can't duplicate or translate posts and pages.
please check and fix.
thank you

May 12, 2019 at 11:39 am #3792953

Dennis

hi,

it seems to be ignored "forever". probably thousands of backend editors are not able to duplicate their content into the other languages and we wait since moths for a fix. it worked before and should work again.

as far as i could debug it is related to the rol-/usercapability "wpml_manage_languages". if this is aktivated for other users/user-roles its possible to duplicate.

but - they have access to the wpml settings pages too.

please, please, please fix this issue!!!!

.thanks in advice
.dennis

June 7, 2019 at 8:38 am #3974837

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

The fix for this is going into WPML 4.2.7. I can't give you an exact date on when it is going to happen, but hopefully soon - it has been successfully tested and merged. Once this version comes up, can you update the plugin and let me know if it works properly?

Regards,
Bruno Kos