This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by joeP-6 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Rohan Sadanandan.

Author Posts
August 9, 2019 at 8:00 pm #4372697

joeP-6

I am trying to: Translate a domain from English to Spanish using the Spanish domain (www.abogadolassin.com

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The website in Spanish

Instead, I got: The English version of the site. If I click on the Language switcher, it does translate it to Spanish, but It doesn't if I enter the domain hidden link

August 12, 2019 at 10:34 am #4380079

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

I need some more clarity on the issue.
The language switcher is working fine for me.

Currently, I am getting the site as given below:

hidden link => English
hidden link => Spanish

Do you want to change this?

Also, your WP Memory limit is currently 40MB. I request you to update to at least 128 MB which is the minimum requirement for WPML: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
You can follow the steps in this link for updating WP Memory:
https://wordpress.org/support/article/editing-wp-config-php/#increasing-memory-allocated-to-php

Thanks,
Rohan

August 12, 2019 at 12:17 pm #4380693

joeP-6

Hi Rohan,
Ok, I will increase the WP memory limit to 128 MB.

I still have issues with the website. I can only see the Spanish version if click on the language switcher and change it to Spanish. When I enter the Spanish domain in the URL, it automatically sends me to the English version. Not sure why?

August 12, 2019 at 1:53 pm #4381473

joeP-6

Additionally, it seems like when I click on the actual link -www.abogadolassin.com, it does redirect me to the Spanish version but does not redirect when I enter hidden link in the url. I also notice that the theme I'm using looks a bit different than the English version. Not all of the featured images are displaying in the home page?

August 12, 2019 at 4:06 pm #4382181

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Hello,

I just checked the site & the URL's are working properly.
Are you having the issue with any specific link on the menu or another area?
If so, could you please share a screenshot or URL of the same?

I have a doubt whether the issue is happening due to some cache in your browser.
So, could you please confirm this by clearing your browser cache or by checking the site in a different browser?

For better support, we handle one issue per ticket. So for the featured image issue, may I kindly ask you to open a new ticket for the same?

Thanks,
Rohan

August 12, 2019 at 6:20 pm #4383051

joeP-6

Hi Rohan,

This is the weirdest thing. I've cleared the cache on my browser and tried several different browsers but I still get the same thing. When I enter the Spanish domain in the URL, it automatically routes it to the English version. I had the client do the same thing and they see it correctly, so not sure what is happening on my end?

I created a quick video here: hidden link

August 13, 2019 at 10:06 am #4386885

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Hello,

Could you please try visiting the site in a Private Window?
Also if you are using any caching plugins, could you please disable the same & check again?

Let me know the results.

Thanks
Rohan

August 23, 2019 at 3:43 pm #4448511

joeP-6

Hi Rohan, Sorry for the long delay but I'm still having issues with this. I just looked at the website and the same problem occurs. I also had someone in a different location look and they get the same issue.

Again, I can only see the Spanish version of the website if I click on the language switcher and change it to the Spanish version. When I enter the Spanish domain in the URL, it automatically sends me to the English version.

Not sure what is happening?