This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Page layout is not retained when using Elementor editor.

Solution: Follow this procedure: 1. In WPML -> Settings -> Custom Fields Translation (Show system fields), set "_elementor_css" and "_elementor_data" to Copy.

2. In WPML -> Settings -> How to translate posts and pages, select "Use the Classic Translation Editor" as this is the recommended method when using page builders.

3. In Elementor -> Settings -> Advanced -> CSS Print Method, select "Internal Embedding"

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by liranB 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Ricardo Alday.

Author Posts
October 13, 2018 at 9:08 pm

liranB

I am trying to: save page using elementor

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see: 4 cols of products instead of one

Instead, I got: one col with not rounded pictures (as should be by elementor)
I contact elementor support and we found out the problem is because wpml.
when I first save the page it saving, after the first time I got error : "access denied" (if i refresh the admin page I can save it again just one time.

October 15, 2018 at 6:08 pm #2818522

Ricardo Alday

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.
Was the page you linked originally created in English and then translated into Hebrew?
Looking at the backend of the page: hidden link
The Elementor elements show also a one column layout so I'm trying to understand how to replicate the issue.
Also, is it Ok with you if I install a plugin called Duplicator to run some tests locally?

October 16, 2018 at 12:22 pm #2820897

liranB

Hey tnx for your help
the problem happens when I save the page in elementor, don't look at the theme's page editor, just elementor for now.
this page originally built in hebrew and on the theme's page editor and than converted to elementor.
Now... each time I save this page it runes it and change it to one col, also secound save in a row receives an error "access denied".
If I turn of WPML it works and none of these bugs appear.
seems like problem on saving.
Recently I tried to delete and recteate this page from the english page but it didn't help.
For reproduce just enter the page with elementor and try to save it, than view and you'll see the problem.
Also make some small change on page and save, make another change and save again and see it's not saving and have an error

October 16, 2018 at 10:27 pm #2822489

Ricardo Alday

Thanks. I can confirm the issue.
I created a test site for further debugging. You can access it here: hidden link

Can you create a similar layout as the one you have on your site? It can be a one row/four column simple layout and we'll see if we can replicate the issue here.

Thanks.

October 17, 2018 at 11:05 am #2824310

liranB

ok done. I took "hello world" post and click on add hebrew version.
import my elementor template and save -- > was ok.
then i change the color of the caption and click "save" again and got "access denied" and the page layout changed to the wrong one (one col instead of 4) BTW it's not only the cols layout its also round images and so.... stayles change because the save not working.
moreover, as I remember.. after first save, the page viewed on the site have "edit with elementor" button on the top, after the second save it's doesn't have it. I check and its few db values on posts_meta table which disappear after second save (maybe its a clue)

October 17, 2018 at 11:11 pm #2826060

Ricardo Alday

I think this an issue with the workflow.
I created a new post using Elementor: hidden link
and translated it using WPML's Translation Editor: hidden link

But I did change a few settings.
1. In WPML -> Settings -> Custom Fields Translation (Show system fields), I set "_elementor_css" and "_elementor_data" to Copy.

2. In WPML -> Settings -> How to translate posts and pages, I selected "Use the Classic Translation Editor" as this is the recommended method when using page builders.

3. In Elementor -> Settings -> Advanced -> CSS Print Method, I selected "Internal Embedding"

I then updated the post in the original language and updated the translation and the styles carried over. Anytime you have to make a styling change, you need to do it in the original language post and then update the translation.

Let me know if that works.

October 19, 2018 at 1:08 am #2829889

liranB

Tnxxxx Great! finally solved 🙂
1 was the solution, just need to mark these fields to be copied.
2 was already set (probably by default
3 I tried to avoid but its ok its working without use internal css

thank for your help

October 19, 2018 at 1:09 am #2829891

liranB

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!