This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
October 17, 2018 at 7:49 pm #2825811

kendraR

I am trying to: Change the flags in the language switcher to ENG and ESP or just text but despite changing the setting in WPML it does not change with the theme.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The Flags Change to Text

Instead, I got: Nothing

October 19, 2018 at 12:17 am #2829849

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. Please, my sincere apologies for the delay in answering.

From what I've noticed these flags are being added by your theme. That is, they are not flags added by WPML, but rather are custom codes for your theme.

Here are two examples that may be related to what you're posted:
hidden link
hidden link

Since these are codes added by your theme, I think if the above links do not resolve the issue, you may need to contact the theme's author to request some way to remove these flags (note again that this is apparently being added to your theme).

After removing these flags, you should add the WPML flags by following the steps below:

- Click on the WPML > Languages > Menu language switcher
- Insert the desired menu
- Click on the Save button

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

October 19, 2018 at 5:22 pm #2832762

kendraR

I have tried all the suggestions offered by WPML and my theme provider and I am still unable to remove the flags. This is very disappointing.

October 20, 2018 at 12:58 am #2833241

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

As I explained to you above, these flags seem to have been added by your theme.

That way, I think the best option would be for you to contact the author of your theme so they can help you remove those flags.

Although these flags are displayed when WPML is enabled, these flags are apparently being added only by the theme.

The location where these flags are being added is in the wp-content/themes/enfold/config-wpml/config.php on line 257.

That is, you should contact the author of your theme and ask how you can remove it - maybe you have some option on the theme options page or you need some custom code.

Thank you.