Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 11.32 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Harshad 7 years, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Harshad.

Author Posts
June 23, 2012 at 10:19 am #64423

Gabriele

Good morning,

i'm trying to localize some wp_options written by a theme (custom header and popup names) using this approach: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/

since i just need to translate 9 strings, i'm wondering if there is a way to do so without the translation management module. It would be really a server resource waste to install the multilingual CMS modules just for these nine strings!

tnx in advance and have a nice weekend,
gabriele

June 23, 2012 at 2:38 pm #64435

Harshad

Dear Gabriele,

In order to have wpml-config.xml file working, you should install both, String Translation and Translation Management module.

The topic ‘[Closed] Using language configuration file without Translation Management Modules’ is closed to new replies.