This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
August 25, 2019 at 12:07 am #4452355

matthewK-11

Hello I have an issue on my homepage where using the language switcher adds an extra query parameter (/?post_type=product) to the url. Not sure why it's happening, but when I inspect the language switcher, the url ends with '/?post_type=product&lang=zh-hant', and this is messing up some of the page changes that I'm trying to create. Is there a way to remove the post_type parameter or simply change the url from the language switcher?

August 25, 2019 at 5:55 pm #4454915

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Matthew,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

I admit that this parameter added to the second language is strange (and this is the first time that I see something like this). In this case, could you deactivate all plugins except for WPML (and its add-ons), activate a default theme (like Twenty Nineteen), and tell me if the issue is still there, please?

This way we can make sure that this is not an issue caused by some 3rd party plugin or maybe by the theme that you're using. Please try this out and tell me if the issue goes away.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Using language switcher on homepage adds extra query parameter’ is closed to new replies.