Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

I want to use string translation to translate plugins+theme but changes are not visible.

Solution:

This is how you translate the theme with String Translation:

### String Translation: Scan theme and plugins for strings ###

Provided that you have the "WPML String Translation" add-on installed please follow these steps:

1.) Go under "WPML -> Theme and plugins localization" 2.) Make sure that "Translate by WPML." is active 3.) Scroll down to "Strings in the theme" and click on "Scan the theme for strings" 4.) Scroll down to "Strings in the plugins", select the plugin you want to scan and click on "Scan the selected plugins for strings" 5.) Once you followed the above steps go under "WPML -> String Translation". All strings available for translation should display in the table you see there.

Do you see them? If yes, all you need to do is click on "translations" next to each string you want to translate.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.48 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Robert 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Thomas.

Author Posts
July 29, 2016 at 2:08 am #980933

Robert

I have Chinese as default language and actually don't need English as secondary language since the website will be Chinese only.

I want to use string translation to translate plugins+theme but changes are not visible. Unless I change the string translation language from Chinese to English which is backwards (see screenshot)

Seems like a bug? or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

July 29, 2016 at 8:19 am #981264

Thomas

Hello and thank you for contacting WPML support!

This is how you translate the theme with String Translation:

### String Translation: Scan theme and plugins for strings ###

Provided that you have the "WPML String Translation" add-on installed please follow these steps:

1.) Go under "WPML -> Theme and plugins localization"
2.) Make sure that "Translate by WPML." is active
3.) Scroll down to "Strings in the theme" and click on "Scan the theme for strings"
4.) Scroll down to "Strings in the plugins", select the plugin you want to scan and click on "Scan the selected plugins for strings"
5.) Once you followed the above steps go under "WPML -> String Translation". All strings available for translation should display in the table you see there.

Do you see them? If yes, all you need to do is click on "translations" next to each string you want to translate.

For further information or if you have any questions related to this ticket please do not hesitate to contact us.

July 29, 2016 at 8:43 am #981301

Robert

Re-scanning seems to have fixed the issue. Many thanks!