Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
October 25, 2019 at 5:07 pm

timK-21

Hello,

We have been developing a website using WPML. The website is a eCommerce based website and we are using WP All Import to add products for different languages.

We have the UK products on the website and have added US. In the UK CSV it contains the regular price for UK product and US product. The import is successful and we can see the regular prices on the product page in the admin area - hidden link

If you view the US product on the front end of the website is will only show the UK regular price. If you then save the UK product the correct price then shows on the US product.

We have over 800 products so saving this manually isnt good. We have tried to use the bulk edit option on the product lists but it doesn't make a difference.

Id expect that when the WP All Import is complete the translated products would automatically comply with the US price added to the UK product.

October 27, 2019 at 8:39 pm #4835603

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Hi.

It might be that it is the same issue as on this other ticket.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/import-manual-set-currency-for-variable-product-from-csv-not-working/
This mentioned issue is already escalated to our developers. But I want to make sure whether you are having the same issue or not.

But before that, please update WPML and its add-ons to their latest versions. If this does not help then please proceed with the following.

Can you please send me the CSV file that you are importing?
But, please do not send me the file with all the products (over 800 as you say). Please only send me a small sample of this file with one product that contains the prices in the other currency (USD in your case.) You can upload the file to a service like Google Drive or Dropbox and share the link with me. For this, I'll enable a private message for the next reply.

Thanks,
Itamar.

October 28, 2019 at 9:44 am
October 29, 2019 at 2:34 pm #4848777

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, and thank you for your patience.

I've used the CSV files that you have sent me (plus the template files that I've downloaded from your site) to test things on my local test site with a clean WordPress installation. I also get the problem that you are describing on my local site.

I've discussed this issue with our developer, who is in charge of WPML All Import, and here is what he suggested to try.
A. Choose _regular_price_CAD as the main price during the import of the secondary language.
B. Also, import this price as a custom field with name _regular_price_CAD (still during import in the secondary language.)

Can you please try our developer's suggestions and see if it works for you?

Thanks,
Itamar.

October 29, 2019 at 3:34 pm #4849449

timK-21

Hello,

We have already tried that and we can see the correct prices within the regular prices fields for the other languages in the admin area. With the regular prices field being locked on the other languages it won't push the price through. It defaults and takes the regular price from UK products. If the lock restriction can be restricted it would fix the issue we are having.

Thank you

Brittany

October 29, 2019 at 5:14 pm #4850641

Itamar
Supporter

OK, Brittany.

I'll need to test this and if I can replicate, I'll escalate this issue to my superiors.
I'll keep you updated here.

Thank you for your patience.
Itamar.

October 30, 2019 at 4:51 pm #4858091

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I managed to replicate the issue on my test site. The custom price is not working with WP All Import imports. So I've escalated this issue to our second tier supporters with all the needed explanations. They will check this issue and, if required, escalate it further to our developers.

I'll keep you updated here for any news regarding this issue.

Thanks,
Itamar.

November 1, 2019 at 1:39 pm #4871263

timK-21

Hello,

Thank you for the update I look forward to your update on the issue 🙂

Kind Regards

Brittany

November 3, 2019 at 8:55 pm #4877623

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Brittany.

I still have no news regarding this issue. I'll keep updating you here.

November 5, 2019 at 2:00 pm #4889781

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Brittany.

Our second tier supporter found out that this issue is happening if the WooCommerce Multilingual add-on had been activated before the main WPML plugin. This is what the second tier supporter found with the copy of the test site where I could replicate the issue. Deactivating and then reactivating the WooCommerce Multilingual add-on solved the problem. After that, the imported products with a custom currency worked, and the custom price showed correctly. In such a case, where the WooCommerce Multilingual is activated before the main WPML plugin, the WooCommerce Multilingual menu item would not appear under WooCommerce in the WordPress admin. When I check your site now, I do see the WooCommerce Multilingual menu item. Maybe since the issue occurred, you deactivated and reactivated it.
Could it be?
If so, then please try to make another import and see if the issue persists. But before that, please update WPML and its add-ons to their latest versions.

If the issue persists, please let me know if I can make a test import into your live site. I want to test the simple CSV file that I used for this case on your site.
It would also be helpful if you tell me whether it is a live site or a staging site?

Thanks,
Itamar.

November 7, 2019 at 11:00 am #4905091

timK-21

Hello,

We have tried this also and still no success. We have been working on the website and doing multiple imports. Even still we have to manually save the product page for the translations to take the prices given in the UK product admin page.

I can arrange for a copy of our development website to be taken so that you can test on this version. We can't risk testing any further on the development version we are working on as we now have over 2000 products in there. I will let you know as soon as a copy has been taken.

Thank you

Brittany

November 7, 2019 at 7:30 pm #4909739

Itamar
Supporter

OK, Brittany

I'll wait for your reply. I'm enabling private message so you can share with me the access details to the copy of the site.

Regards,
Itamar.

November 17, 2019 at 12:34 pm #4960143

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Brittany.

Bruno my colleague has found a workaround for this issue on another forum ticket he was handling, which was on the topic. You can see this ticket here.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/set-prices-in-other-currencies-manually-not-working/
My superiors tend to accept this workaround as the official procedure for importing products with a custom currency.
Bruno had created a detailed video with the needed step of how this workaround can be implemented. Please watch it here and check if it is solving the problem on your site.
hidden link

Thanks,
Itamar.

November 19, 2019 at 10:26 am #4970721

timK-21

Hello,

Thank you for the further update on this. We are due to release the first phase of the website this week. Once this has been released we will test the method that Bruno has recorded in his video on the second phase development website. I will update you as soon as we have tested this process.

Kind Regards

Brittany

November 20, 2019 at 11:19 am #4979235

Itamar
Supporter

Ok, Brittany. I'll wait for your reply.

Good luck with the website release.

The topic ‘[Closed] Using WP All Import to import products but having to manually select update’ is closed to new replies.