Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 20 replies, has 5 voices.

Last updated by olafM-4 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
August 30, 2019 at 5:38 pm #4488619

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates, Andreas is off today, so, I am replacing him here. I just took a look at the compatibility ticket of this issue and noticed it is still under analysis, as the filter issue seems to be related to the button issue I will wait for more details from our compatibility team before giving you a reply regarding that. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding, have a nice day.

September 3, 2019 at 9:36 pm #4507369

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

I got news from our compatiblity team.

Our compailbity team did not consider the issue as a bug and I would like to explain you why.

While using external links or internal links to already translate content of the website the links do show up correclty on our test. Can you confirm this on your website?

In fact, the internal links will not show up correctly, if the content has not been translated yet. In this case the button link will need to be edited manually on the respective page.

Let me know if you do have any further questions.

Kind regards
Andreas

September 4, 2019 at 12:32 pm #4510909

olafM-4

Hi Andreas,
It is a bug. I would agree that the link target cannot point to a page that doesn't exist yet in the target language or a Masonry filter cannot inherit the settings from the source page if the portfolio categories do not exist in the target language. But, that is not the case. The pages and categories do exist and the front end works correctly after translation. Means, the buttons point to the right link target and the Masonry filter shows the right portfolio items (since we added that patch you gave).
The bug is in the back end. If I open the page or post to edit, then I cannot see the Masonry filter setting in the AVIA editor of ENFOLD. It does not show what the settings are. It looks like no category is selected as a filter, while in fact, the page works. You might say, so what, move on, nothing is perfect. But it is still a bug that is worth fixing to improve compatibility between WPML and ENFOLD theme. The solution could be added to that patch you gave earlier.
Kind regards
Wolfgang

September 4, 2019 at 1:55 pm #4511561

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Indeed, I do agree there.

I have added the information and provided again a detailed description about the issue for our compatiblity team to investigate.

I will be in contact soon.

Kind regards
Andreas

September 5, 2019 at 3:47 pm #4520621

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your patience.

The Enfold Team is already informed about the issues and a fix will be provided with the next theme update.

For now, we would adviseyou to change the filter settings manually for each page in its repsective language by changing the site admin language in the top admin bar (flag).

Kind regards
Andreas

September 10, 2019 at 9:23 am #4543583

olafM-4

Glad to hear that the issue is identified and a fix will be developed by the ENFOLD team. Thank you for your support.