This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
June 3, 2019 at 3:15 am #3939009

alanE

WPML supposedly works with Motors theme (https://wpml.org/theme/motors/)

However, I am feeling pretty stupid in not being able to work out how (if it is possible ) to translate listings categories. I thought it might be something to do with string translations but obviously not.

Can you point me in the right direction please - if possible?

June 3, 2019 at 3:17 am #3939015

alanE

I may not have explained properly - Motors theme allows the developer to create there own listing categories or use the standard Make, Model, mileage etc for cars. I just want to translate these terms

June 3, 2019 at 4:13 am #3939329

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

As per their documentation make, model, etc are taxonomies.
So please follow the steps explained here : https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-post-categories-and-custom-taxonomies/

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Riffaz.

June 28, 2019 at 12:24 pm #4107349

alanE

Thank you very much for your help and I am getting there.
However I am still having trouble with "label" translation.
If you look at the attached image you will see that I have chosen the correct taxonomy "conditions" and correctly translated the term for "new" to "newydd" and this does, indeed, correctly translate when the welsh translation is displayed however you will see that i have also provided the welsh alternative for the label "condition" but this does not translate.
Is there something I have not ticked in the WPML settings do you think or could this be a "Motors" theme issue?

June 30, 2019 at 6:52 am #4113485

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Great it works now.

i have also provided the welsh alternative for the label "condition" but this does not translate.
- this does not seem like a taxonomy.
- that should be issue.

It's a new issue and need to be discussed separately to avoid the confusion and to reduce the waiting time.
Please create a new ticket for this and close this ticket.

Regards,
Riffaz.