Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.50 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
February 25, 2020 at 5:46 pm #5565129

gvidoD

Hi!

I got one case, when variations are not translated. I am not sure why, it feels like something is stuck. So i have variations generated from attributes. The label for variations is not translating, although it shows as translated in the translation editor.

This case is present for only one product. I did tried to disable cache, resync the woocommerce settings and clear WPML cache etc via troubleshooting page. No luck. Weird thing is that when i do "Sync variables products" , it shows as completed, but when i refresh the page, numbers are shown as before.

Screenshot 2020-02-25 at 19.44.56.png
Screenshot 2020-02-25 at 19.38.43.png
February 27, 2020 at 12:11 pm #5577843

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+01:00)

Sounds like there is some inconsistency in the database. Could I take a closer look at this on your site?

Temporary Access to your system
Please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem. The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

February 27, 2020 at 6:28 pm #5580461

gvidoD

Hi!
I dont see any private fields. I just did a reply and my reply can be seen in incognito mode. Please provide the hidden field

February 28, 2020 at 7:31 am #5583153

Yvette
Supporter

Oh - here it is again.

February 28, 2020 at 11:28 am #5584767

Yvette
Supporter

Whoops - and I forgot to ask you which product had this issue. Please send me the product id or the URL.

February 28, 2020 at 11:49 am #5584945

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I could not see anyhthing "wrong" with this product.

I do see that this is a custom attribute (e.g a custom field). Since this only affects one product, would you mind removing this attribute, saving the product, confirming it no longer appears on frontend, then recreate/add the attribute again?

March 5, 2020 at 1:57 pm #5626355

gvidoD

Hi, sorry for the silence. I did that, deleted variations and attributes. Added attribute once more, and now not only the Label is not translating, but variations themself are not translated. ALSO, the variations in Latvian suddenly disappeared. I am not sure if it is related to updating English version back and forth, but it feels like they are disappearing out of the blue. Can you please take a look on this? Sudden disappearing is a very bad bug, because clients cant order product , and this is one of the most popular dishes.

Please see attached screenshot. That is translated version, feilds appear locked but THERE ARE NO SPECIFIC VARIATIONS CHOOSEN

EDIT - Ok, now when i translate it , it dissapears completly. Before this Variations in LV was in Eng only, when translating from ENG to LV, variations are disappearing

Screenshot 2020-03-05 at 15.58.28.png
Screenshot 2020-03-05 at 15.59.32.png
March 5, 2020 at 4:28 pm #5627955

gvidoD

Hi once more. I cant edit the previous message anymore so i will reply in a new one. I did delete the Translated product. Looks like this did the trick. BUT now there is no option to switch the language.

hidden link from this link you can go to ENG, there is a flag in menu. But you cant go from ENG to LV back, flag is missing. Do i need to resync something ?

ALSO now there are problems in other produts hidden link now this product variation label is not translated. This is kinda messy and a bit annoying. Is there some way to switch of that there are no LOCK symbols in translated product, so i can freely adjust the variations etc? Obviously there is someothing buggy going on with WPML not being able to sync/distinguish translations

March 5, 2020 at 5:12 pm #5628517

gvidoD

Guys, Sorry for spam... So i solved the issue with switching languages with resyncing everything. BUT AGAIN OTHER PRODUCTS ARE MESSED UP. I cannot solve this... once i change something in one product, other product gets f***ked up... Now another product variation label is not translated. Also for different translated product, variations disappeared completely. ENG version has variations, LV version variations are completely gone. WTF is going on? Could it be issue with translation managers? Because some products are translated via wpml->translations, some are translated via hidden link

Basically i am back to the original problem in the first post of this thread. Because doing some adjustments got all my variations messed up, i deleted translated product, translated it once more. Now variations are showing but the damn label "sides" is not translated.

March 6, 2020 at 9:40 am #5633351

Yvette
Supporter

Hmmm. Yes. It could be a bug.

Please confirm that I understand the situation correctly: product variations are missing and the taxonomy label issue has returned. Right?

Here is my suggestion:
1. get the variations back to the translated products
- take a backup of your site that you are comfortable restoring.
- goto Woocommerce > Woocommerce Multilingual > Status > Troubleshooting (it´s hypertext in bottom right corner)
- Select option "Sync Product Variations" then "Start"

After this is done, check if the product variations have appeared again in your site.

2. Taxonomy Labels
After the variations are corrected....then for the products that have the wrong taxonomy label, please use the WCML product interface to correct the translations.

Woocommerce > Woocommerce Multilingual > Products > Select the translated product

I have seen the behaviour you are describing in another ticket and this workaround at least gets the correct Taxonomy label to show on frontend.

I wait for your response.

March 6, 2020 at 9:51 am #5633453

gvidoD

Hi. So the main issue is that translated variations are missing, in the moment when they translated.
I did manage to translate everything, but by using oldschool translation editor, and everything is translated perfectly. So there is differently something wrong with hidden link , because if i translate via that advanced WPML translation manager, then i have those issues mentioned above. I am not sure how that works, but i dont quite like the fact that i am redirected to some external translator. Could it be related to adblock or privacy badger? Because i believe that translations are passed back using cookies etc. and privacy badger could be blocking those. I am a bit tired of this issue, and now that everything is ok, I havent tried to use advanced translation manager hidden link when plugins are disabled.

March 6, 2020 at 12:15 pm #5634933

Yvette
Supporter

I´ve done some research and I can see that there is an outstanding issue with ATE and custom attributes that are numerical. (?)
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/woocommerce-numeric-product-variations-are-not-passed-to-translated-pages/

I am guessing that this is another example/instance/variant of the same issue that is still in progress of getting fixed.

I will add your ticket as such to the list of clients affected by this bug.
Doing this will allow me to track the issue and notify you when a fix is released.

Do you agree with this approach?

March 6, 2020 at 12:18 pm #5634963

gvidoD

Yes, let me know if you need some additional info from me. Thank you

March 6, 2020 at 3:41 pm #5636571

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

No other action from you is needed if you have found a way to get your variations to work as needed.

I have added your ticket to the list of clients waiting for a solution to the underlying problem. When there is any news, I wil get notified and the notify you,

THis ticket is now escalated to 2nd tier,

March 18, 2021 at 9:54 am #8340177

Yvette
Supporter

This is now resolved in latestest release.