If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jimiP 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
October 3, 2018 at 7:25 pm

jimiP

I am trying to:

Import variable products with WP All Import

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

hidden link

I expected to see:

Under the "Shipping Method" dropdown there should be two options: std and hhr.

Instead, I got:

The "Shipping Method" dropdown is only showing "std" so the other variation(hhr) cannot be selected.

When editing the product in the admin, if you click on the Variations tab there are two variations. However, the "hhr" variation doesn't have a "Shipping Method" assigned and "hhr" not available in the dropdown. "Any Shipping Method" and "std" are the only available options. The "hhr" shipping method should be added automatically when the products are imported. Under Products > Attributes, both shipping methods are displayed so I'm not sure why it's not being added to the variable products.

When I deactivated the "Translation Management" plugin and ran a fresh import, the products were imported correctly with both "hhr" and "std" variations displaying in the frontend and backend of the product. When I reactivated the "Translation Management" plugin and ran a fresh import, the issue occurred again.

October 5, 2018 at 2:23 pm #2791090

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

visiting the provided link I see both options for shipping. What did you do to show them?

Also, it's not clear if you are trying to import one language or two. If it's only one language, we suggest importing first all your content and only after activating WPML and its components.

If instead, you need to import a second language too, you need to use our glue plugin WPML All Import. I can't see it in your plugin list. You can find our documentation for it here: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/

October 5, 2018 at 3:00 pm #2791178

jimiP

Hi Laura,

Sorry, I added the attribute manually yesterday and forgot to delete it for your reference. If you look at the other 2 variable products you'll see the issue.

hidden link
hidden link

The imported products will not be translated but are displayed in the other translations using the "Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language" option for products.

The process of importing will be done automatically daily using a cron job so we won't be able to manually deactivate the WPML Translation Management plugin.

The import is very close to working as expected with the plugin activated but for some reason only one attribute is being assigned correctly for the 3 variable products.

October 8, 2018 at 7:48 am #2794954

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

from what you say it could be that your variable doesn't have a language field attached.

Try this:
- backup your site and database
- go to WPML -> Support -> "troubleshooting" link
- click the button "set language information"

Let me know if this fixes the issue or if we need to debug further.

October 8, 2018 at 1:33 pm #2796138

jimiP

I clicked the "set language information" button and re-ran the product import but the issue still exists.

October 9, 2018 at 7:18 am #2798522

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

we need to reproduce this issue. I could set up a sandbox site, where you can recreate your site's condition and run the import, so we can rule out server issue.
What do you think?

October 9, 2018 at 7:37 pm #2801835

jimiP

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!