This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The attribute selection placeholder on the produdt pages is not translated.

Solution: Go to WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual and select the "Status" tab. You should find in the right bottom corner a link for the Troubleshooting options. Here please sync all the available content, also take note that you will find more options in the drop down for "Duplicate terms".

If this will not solve the issue it is theme related.

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jonM 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
April 26, 2019 at 12:26 pm

jonM

I am trying to: Translated my attributes from English to German, with the help of WooCommerce Multilingual I've translated all the attribute labels and the terms themselves into German. The label of the select box that appears in the variations table on a single product are translated just fine but the first option in the select still appears as English.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

hidden link

I expected to see:

The first option of the select to be in German and not English

Instead, I got:

The English attribute label

April 26, 2019 at 10:16 pm #3693485

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support.

Usually, the drop down selection for variable product shows the placeholder "Choose an option". It might be that your theme or another currently used plugin has changed that.

Could you please try to run the site in minimal setup to see if the issue persists?

Please disable any additional plugin that is not related to WPML and its add-ons. If the issue disappears please start reactivating any plugins, or activate them in small groups. This way please verify at which points the issue appears again to indicate the plugin that is causing the issue.

Also please change to a default theme like TwentySeventeen to see if the issue might be theme related

Further, apart of the issue could you please go to WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual and select the "Status" tab. You should find in the right bottom corner a link for the Troubleshooting options.

Here please sync all the available content, also take note that you will find more options in the drop down for "Duplicate terms".

Let me know if changing the theme or disabling a specific plugins solves the issue.

Kind regards
Andreas

April 29, 2019 at 8:01 am #3700805

jonM

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!