This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
June 23, 2019 at 8:42 am #4072675

khalidA-27

HI

Please watch the video
hidden link

Thanks

June 24, 2019 at 3:12 pm #4078233

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

I just watched your video and if i'm not mistaken you ask how you can have the variations showing on a product that is the same in both languages.

Before i can answer that i want you to confirm the following (which is what i understood from the video):

1) You duplicated the product, right? (or did you just translated it using the same text? if you don't know the difference between the two methods, let me know)

2) The variations were created on the product itself, so they are not coming from products > Attributes

I'm asking this, because the only way you can achieve what you're asking would be by duplicating the product, that way the same values from the original page would get passed to the translations.

Let me know so i can understand how to proceed from here.

June 25, 2019 at 6:41 am #4081623

khalidA-27

Hi Alejandro 🙂
Thanks for reply

1- I didn't duplicate or translate the product. I just uploaded it in Arabic and in setting I set it to show original product if not translated. Most of our customers here are Arab users and even they use English site version, So I may delay this translation step because I have a lot of products and I'm working alone
So I need it a way to upload a product once and display it in both languages with the same default language details. Of course there are translated parts like attributes, categories, static page headings.... etc . So they will appear as translated normally

2- I don't understand it.
I have attributions for all my current and future products entered and translated in " products > Attributes " and when I upload a product I choose from these attributes

I hope you can help me with this as always

Thanks again 🙂

June 25, 2019 at 3:51 pm #4086111

Alejandro
Supporter

Ok, thanks for the information.

Could you please send me credentials to your site and point me to a reference product so i can take a look at it, please?

Can you please also tell me how would you like to have that particular product (give me as much details as you'd like so i can study your situation and try to find a solution for it).

I'm asking you all this because i saw your configuration and it looks like what you have right now is exactly setup as what you want to achieve so there must be something else i'm missing.

June 26, 2019 at 3:07 pm #4093489

Alejandro
Supporter

I see that it seems you add a normal variation like color and sizes which belong in product > Attributes, and they are actually there, but they are just hidden, so the variations are there and working well.

The thing is that either the theme or the plugin create a GUI that makes the sizes and the colors "visible", they look better.

It seems that the author never thought of the fallback option so i suggest you let them know about this, maybe they'll consider it and add it to their latest versions.

For now, the only solution i could find was to make the product as "
Translatable - only show translated items" and then duplicate the product.

It would leave everything as you had it before without too much hassle.

You could create all the products first and then go to WPML > Translation Management and bulk duplicate them, that way you don't even have to work much more than what you did with using the fallback option.

I also recorded a video showing you everything: hidden link

Regards.

June 26, 2019 at 3:24 pm #4093603

khalidA-27

Hi Alejandro
Thanks for reply and video
This is what I love about you 🙂 If you don't have the appropriate solution you will find another temporary one till it is resolved

I'll contact theme support and see what they got

I'll leave it open here a little bit till I see what Theme support will say

Thanks 🙂

June 26, 2019 at 3:30 pm #4093661

Alejandro
Supporter

Sure, let me know what they tell you!

July 7, 2019 at 6:05 am #4157217

khalidA-27

Hi Alejandro
They didn't solve it. They don't consider it a problem. Only when I translate all products and there are no variations, then they will consider it a problem

Thanks

July 8, 2019 at 8:34 am #4160003

Alejandro
Supporter

That's sad to hear, but at least you have the solution i proposed earlier.

Try it out, it worked well on my end.

July 8, 2019 at 9:51 am #4160717

khalidA-27

Thanks Alejandro 🙂

July 8, 2019 at 2:15 pm #4163437

Alejandro
Supporter

No problem, try it out and let me know how it goes!