This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
August 6, 2019 at 11:47 am #4346903

urib-2

Description of bug (as far as I see):
This bug (seems to) concern our Spanish domain only (hidden link). After selecting a pot on one of our plant product pages (e.g. hidden link), the cart page and the checkout page should display a) the plant and b) the selected pot. For all pots (except for "Roma - 20cm" & "Roma - 16cm"), the pot is not displayed on neither of the pages. Please see screenshots of the Spanish domain attached.

In the domains of other languages, this problems seems to not exist (please see screenshots of the English domain examplarily)

August 6, 2019 at 1:19 pm #4347763

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I will be helping you with this.

- Go to the following panel:
Woocommerce > Woocommerce Multilingual > Status

Are there any red/error notifications that need to be fixed?

- Scroll to bottom right corned of the same screen and select the hyptext: Troubleshooting

- Select options "Sync products variations:" --and-- " Fix translated variations relationships" if there is a number indicated beside the option.

- Run "Start".

Does this resolve the issue? If not, please write back with details on how to access your system (wp-admin and ftp). I am opening the private area for this.

August 6, 2019 at 3:00 pm #4348901

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

This seems to be an issue with your child theme.

When I change the active theme to be "Martfury", the variation descriptions are showing normally.

See this screencast here: hidden link

This does not seem to be a WPML related issue but rather something you have changed in your child theme. If this was a fault with WPML code, the problem would exist in all themes.

Do you agree?

August 7, 2019 at 8:27 am #4352815

urib-2

Hello,

I think you misunderstood our issue (please look at the screenshots that I sent you with my first request). The problem is that, on the Spanish domain, the pot variation is not displayed below the plant name (e.g. “Pot:…”). Do you understand now what we mean? Again, please compare the screenshots for the Spanish and English domain.

Thank you

August 7, 2019 at 11:05 am #4354139

Yvette
Supporter

I completely understood your issue. DId *you* watch the screencast?

When I change the active theme to the parent theme, the pot variation info is displayed. When your child theme is active, the pot variation is not displayed (it is missing/blank).

Steps:
1. View cart with child theme
2. Notice POT info is missing
3. Activate parent theme
4. Refresh cart
5. Notice pot information appears

The display of the information is not necessarily the problem of WPML. WPML will provide the information for a theme template to display. Your child theme is not displaying the information for some reason. You should check what changes you have made in your child theme that woudl cause the information to no longer appear.

If the problem was that the variation information was not displaying in *ANY* theme , then the issue would be with the WPML plugin. As it stands, your child-theme has modified the parent theme in some way. This same change is interfering with the showing the information.

Unfortunately, it is not within our support policy to debug custom/modified themes. You should check with your theme developer about the behaviour and see if they can debug what code changes would account for this behaviour.

Here is our support policy for your reference:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/

If you feel that the problem is also present in the parent theme, then please send me steps on how to see/replicate it with the parent theme active.

The topic ‘[Closed] Variations not seen on cart and payment page’ is closed to new replies.