This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
September 11, 2019 at 5:50 pm #4555615

Job

I think i have found a bug in WPML.

Sometime i have the problem that the products and the variations attribute are not syncing as well.

There is a solution to fix that problem:
WooCommerce > WooCoommerce multilangual > attributes > ex. Size > "Synchronize attributes and update product variations" > see screenshot

When i do this proces the following is happen, all Variations attributes (incl stock and price) are removed from the product > see screenshot.

So all "variations products" have the problem that all attributes are gone when this proces runs.

September 12, 2019 at 10:21 am #4560169

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Hi.

I've checked things on my test site, and I couldn't replicate this but. When I press the 'Synchronize attributes and update product variations' button the variations on the translated product are not lost. I think that it is an issue that you have on your site and we need to check why it is happening.

First, can you please confirm that you are following our instructions at the following link on how to work with WPML and the WooCommerce?
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/
Please make sure that you are using WPML's Translation Editor to translate the products.

By looking at the debug info that you have attached I can see that your server WP Memory Limit is set to 40M.
Our recommendations are to have the following as minimal requirements:
- PHP 5.6 and above (this OK with your installation) with a WP Memory Limit of at least 128MB and more if possible.
- MySQL 5.6 and above.
Please follow this link for detailed documentation:
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
Is it possible for you to change those to the minimum requirement?
You may need to contact your hosting provider for that.
Meeting those baseline requirements is most critical before starting to debug and sometimes solves issues like you experiencing.
Most important is to raise the WP Memory Limit.
Please try to raise it before you contact your hosting company.
You can try and do it from the wp-config.php file in your WordPress installation.
Insert this code in that file.

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Add it before this line:
/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Could you please perform that procedure and see if it help?

Thanks,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Variations products WooCommerce Bug’ is closed to new replies.