This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bob 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
July 29, 2019 at 3:21 pm #4301387

Bob

I am trying to: Display variations table columns heading in Russian

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see:SKU(RU) Description(RU) Price(RU) Quantity(RU)

Instead, I got: SKU(EN) Description(EN) Price(EN) Quantity(RU) and I tried togglin SKU, Description and Price complete/not complete. Did not work. Deleted SKU and cannot get the string back for translation.

July 29, 2019 at 6:43 pm #4303047

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup.

Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 30, 2019 at 7:35 am #4305371

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates and login information. These WooCommerce strings are showing as translated in String Translation Panel list. So to make sure have you made any changes in the site recently?

Please try the following troubleshooting steps after a site backup and make sure the issue is existing or not.

1) Go to WPML>>Support page
2) Click on Troubleshooting link (blue link in the middle of the page)
3) In Troubleshooting page, please click on the following options of the *Clean up* section. Wait for confirmation of processing after each one.

- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Fix WPML tables collation
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Recreate ST DB cache tables

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 30, 2019 at 12:13 pm #4307541

Bob

Bigul,

No, running Clean Up options did not solve my problem.
Yes, the strings do show as translated.
Sorry to be such a pain.

July 30, 2019 at 5:20 pm #4309849

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. It requires further checking. So please allow me to make a duplicator copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 30, 2019 at 6:16 pm #4310157

Bob

Bigul,

The Duplicator plugin is fine; feel free to install it and do what you need to.

Thanks again.

July 31, 2019 at 1:03 pm #4314635

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the permission. I made a duplicator copy of your site and debugging the issue now. Will get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 1, 2019 at 6:33 pm #4324765

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

I am facing some issues with Duplicator package. It is not working on my local servers. Please check the attached images for more details.

I will check about it with our team and get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 1, 2019 at 6:38 pm #4324825

Bob

Bigul,
Sorry about the problems.
Thanks for keeping me uptodate.

August 5, 2019 at 3:44 pm #4341725

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Sorry, the site copy is not working in our local and external servers. So we have a request.

Please try the following steps after a site backup and make sure you are getting the expected result or not.

1) Visit WPML>>String Translation
2) Delete Varianation Table strings that are not showing translation
3) Refresh WPML>>String Translation page
4) Translate the newly registered Varianation Table strings

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 7, 2019 at 11:59 am #4354661

Bob

Bigul,

I did what you recommended.
I deleted the 2 strings ( Description, Price)
Remember, I had deleted SKU before and I don't know how to get it back.
Refreshed the page, and they were gone.

Went to Theme/Plugin localization
Scanned the woo_variations_table plugin to find missing strings
Returned to string translation and found the 2 deleted strings present, with proper RU translations in place.
SKU is still missing.

Now what?

August 7, 2019 at 12:08 pm #4354751

Bob

I need to add, that although the RU translations are in place in String Translations, they do not display on the frontend of the site.

I deleted the records. Why did they reappear with translations after scanning for strings in Theme/Plugin localization?

August 7, 2019 at 12:27 pm #4355007

Bob

SKU reappeared in the Strings Translation table for woo-variations-table.
It first showed as untranslated, but then "magically" refreshed itself as translated.

August 7, 2019 at 2:59 pm #4356307

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. It depends upon the Plugins and theme codes. Some of the strings will automatically add to WPML String Translation panel if we choose it in *Auto register strings for translation* feature. Otherwise, we have to scan them again from WPML>>Theme and plugins localization.

I have updated my team about the results. We will get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 10, 2019 at 1:09 am #4373297

Bob

Bigul,

I'm not pestering you. Your support cleanup robot threatened to close this thread because of 3 days of inactivity. The last activity was mine; I've been quiet, waiting to hear good news from you. I have another WPML problem that I've been ignoring until the variation table headings get straightened out.