This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 81 replies, has 11 voices.

Last updated by Dimitri 6 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: David.

Author Posts
April 2, 2013 at 9:59 am #116360

Enrico

Dear Robin,
First of all, let me tell you have been really lucky to discover these threads before you started integrating WPML with WooCommerce. This is only one of the hundreds of threads still open regarding bugs with WPML and WooCommerce. As you can see, there's not so much help you can get from the support, our last chance is this "DavidGW" who is kindly providing priority support and who should dig into the myriad of problems personally.

Personally, I've lost any hope this WPML thing will ever work.

We've been plagued with bugs from the very beginning and never had any real solution in more than four months spent with the "support" staff. So, for us and for our clients, it was a total disaster to choose WPML, and we'll have to pay the consequences.

So, if your shop is going to use Variations, Attributes or any custom plugin you may have bought at WooCommerce, my advice is NOT to use WPML but opt for some of its competitors. QTranslate will do the job far better and it's free.
If, instead, your shop is using only simple products with no additional bells and whistles you may go for WPML and get the added benefit of a Translation Manager for multi-user translations.

That's my two cents, I hope I can save your money, reputation and, what's most, the whole project you are into.

If you want some deeper insights, drop me a line personally at enrico[at]enricoripalti[dot]com.

Best regards,
Enrico

April 2, 2013 at 11:37 am #116392

Robin

Thanks Erico. I really had a bad feeling about this. I bought WPML yesterday and have put down lots of time already translating stuff. But the bugs are popping up all the time. Right now I for instance can't delete items from the shopping cart.

I'm thinking about skipping both. What ecommerce would you recommend? It have to bee multi-lingual.

Best wishes Robin

April 2, 2013 at 1:44 pm #116447

Enrico

Dear Robin,
I'm sorry you entered the counting community of frustrated WPML customers: I understand your feelings.
Personally, I wouldn't skip WordPress by itself since it gives you a big advantage for what concerns SEO, simple of use and scalability. WooCommerce is a good solution either. We have created a bigger shop with Magento, and that is your go-to product if your project requires a state of the art solution but, IMHO, you can do good with WordPress most of the times.
If you want a good translation plugin for WordPress and Woocommerce you can get QTranslate. Also, if you want to skip the WooCommerce plugin, you can go to WP-ecommerce which is not free, but has an integrated translation feature. I have no experience with that.

I hope I have helped you a little.

All the best,
Enrico.

PS: BTW, you are still in time to get a refund from this WPML. I wouldn't miss that chance ;).

April 2, 2013 at 1:54 pm #116451

Enrico

Dear DavidGW,
You said you would have get back to us in the morning: now, I feel really bad about pushing someone like this but, still, I haven't heard from you. Maybe we have such a big time-zome difference? I'm GMT+1, can you give me yours so I won't bother you while you are not at work?
Thanks.
Apart from that, WHAT'S THE STATUS?

Best wishes,
Enrico

April 2, 2013 at 2:48 pm #116472

dna

@enrico, thanks alot man! you just saved alot of problems for me. I was intending to sell e-commerce solutions with "state of the art" cross border flexibility, based on WP-Woo-WPML.

I really don´t understand why my ticket i opended 3 days ago still hasent got the attention of the WPML staff. Its a very straight forward ticket:

http://wpml.org/forums/topic/product-attrubutes/

I have sent you a private @

I would like a short voice communication with you by chance, am also in gmt+1

-Jesper

April 2, 2013 at 4:49 pm #116503

Dimitri

Happy to see that i'm not alone with this problem.
Hope that DavidGW is working to fix these bugs with Woocommerce mulilingual 2.0.

I do not really understand why it take so long. WPML team told us that woocommerce 2.0 was working good with variable products.

I guess they do not really test it like us.

The reality is that it is not working at all with variable products.

Dimitri

April 3, 2013 at 3:08 pm #116791

Enrico

Dear David,
other two days have almost passed since your last reply: what's the status? what's the ETA?

Please advise.

ER

April 9, 2013 at 11:38 am #117976

David
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Dear Enrico,

We are working now with the following development version:
hidden link

This has several improvements regarding variation synchronization. Can you try and get back to me with any problems you find? We want to get this working for everybody to make a new release.

Thank you,
David

April 11, 2013 at 3:27 pm #118604

Dimitri

Same issue here:
http://wpml.org/forums/topic/woocommerce-variable-product-translations-do-not-work-correctly/#post-118602

Dimitri

April 12, 2013 at 10:32 am #118811

David
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Dear Enrico,

What is the status of this thread? Yesterday we released WCML 2.1 which addressed some more variation issues. This should be working now, but the attribute values need to be all translated and linked to their translations.

Can you test this with and without the swatches plugin and let me know the result. We will be addressing issues with the swatches plugin soon now.

Thanks,
David

April 12, 2013 at 11:15 am #118823

Dimitri

@davidgw.
1) I do not receive any email from WPML for threat where "Notify me of follow-up replies via email" is checked.
2) I tried version WCML 2.1 and i can confirm that the issue is not resolved yet :-(.
Have a try life on my website. I've send you credentials yesterday.

Dimitri

April 13, 2013 at 8:34 am #119005

Dimitri

Version WCML 2.2 doesn't fix this issue 🙁
Almost 4 month now that many users are waiting.
Why do you need so much time ?
Dimitri

April 15, 2013 at 11:59 am #119355

Dimitri

Any hope to get a solution this week ?

April 15, 2013 at 6:46 pm #119481

Enrico

David,
1) I no longer receive updates from this thread. Why? In Italy we say "Occhio non vede, cuore non duole", guess it's pretty much the same here.
2) The solution doesn't work. Same problem. Check it out on my website. You there at WPML/ICL/Whatever have all the possible credentials you might ever dream of.
3) From a more general point of view, I don't think it's enough to say "Hey boys! We have a new update, does it work for you?". You should test it on your thing before saying that and, also, it doesn't work for anyone, so why bother anyways?
4) I asked you an ETA, i got none. Let's try once more: how long do WE ALL have to wait to get this sort of crap to work?
5) "It adresses more Variations issues". Hey David, there's just ONE big variation issue: they don't work at all.

David, don't take this personally. I really admire your bravery and the fact that you are still holding on to us (I'm not joking) but, please consider, we HAVE ALL lost a LOT of money with your thing here (4K+ for my own part, plus work hours and an increasing liver disease), we're just a tad angry.
Yeah. Just a tad.

Have a fantabulous evening,
love,
Enrico

April 16, 2013 at 3:17 pm #119781

Dimitri

DavidGW tried with my files and my sql dump and everything was working great for him without any changes.
I optimized all my SQL tables with phpmyadmin and the issue seems to be resolved 🙂
I'm still testing.
Have a try and share.
Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Variations' translation crash + WooCommerce’ is closed to new replies.