This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 6.19 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
June 5, 2019 at 9:22 pm #3964239

brianG-6

Hello,

I have a custom post type, "licensee," that I am translating (original language is English). "Licensees" also have levels that I setup as taxonomies - gold, silver, bronze (I translated the taxonomies as well). They are also connected to one another via the relationship advanced custom field.

On one page, I have a custom page template that loops through all of the licensee posts using a wp_query and echos the title and level along with a link to the licensee. If I use the language switcher to switch to Portuguese, the post titles and links in the query change appropriately for the posts I've translated. However, the level name only changes appropriately for the posts I have NOT translated. The level on the posts I have translated does not show at all.

The opposite happens in the next instance.

I have a custom single-licensee template that displays the information on the licensee. Within that, I am echoing out the related licensees that are stored on the relationship acf. When I use the language switcher to switch a single-licensee to Portuguese, the related posts show the English titles, not the Portuguese titles, and the level IS translated correctly. The link to the related post also correctly goes to the Portuguese version.

In both instances, the title is echoed with get_the_title($l_id). The level in the first instance comes directly from a get_field, while the level in the second instance tracks back through a new object, which ultimately calls a get_field.

Any idea why I can't get a consistent result? Thanks!

June 6, 2019 at 1:03 pm #3969321

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

Without the query code, it's impossible for us to understand why it's not working. Could you post your code?

In any case, please consider we don't offer support for custom content, so I don't know to what extent we can help you. You might have to contact one of our WPML contractors: https://wpml.org/contractors/

The topic ‘[Closed] Varied results in loop translations’ is closed to new replies.