Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by David 6 years, 8 months ago.

Author Posts
April 2, 2013 at 7:21 pm #116547

Jen

Hello
I have various issues with WPML and woocommerce.
Issues for WPML with translation strings
1. When adding a product to my cart in english and spanish, the following message shows for example:
“Honda XxXXXXX” was successfully added to your cart”
I need this translating to spanish rather than in english - I cannot see this in the WPML String translation.7

2. Translating Tax to IVA 21%
I have searched in the WPML string translation and I have translated all words that state TAX to IVA 21% however the translation is not happening.
However, they are not translating to Spanish (as below) they still show TAX….

Please advise how this can be changed – I wish for Tax to be changed to IVA 21% for English and Spanish.

Or can the word be changed from Tax to IVA 21% in the editor...HOwever, someone has already advised me where to change this but nothing happens - please help - this is very important to change...

3. Missing translations in checkout:
The following is not translating and I cannot find the field titles in the WPML string translations:
Postcode / Zip
Town / City

4. Also at the bottom of the checkout it reads in
a. English:- I have read and accept the terms & conditions
b. Spanish:- I have read and accept the términos y condiciones
I want to translate the words that are English “I Have read and accept the!”, but cannot find where this is?

5. Invoicing
I currently have the Woo Printing and Packing plugin but it is not translating to Spanish when an order is placed in Spanish – The woo team looked at this and stated that the WP Admin backend is not translating into Spanish – not sure what this means – Please help!!!

I can give you access via FTP to look at my site.

Thanks - I would appreciate an urgent response to this - thanks

April 5, 2013 at 11:55 am #117257

Jen

Hello - could this be investigated as its urgent as my site is having to go live... I have the dev site still set-up for these issues to be looked at - I can then amend the probs on the live site
URGENT thanks

April 6, 2013 at 3:54 pm #117509

Jen

Please could someone help with my issues above please - thanks

April 8, 2013 at 3:28 pm #117778

Jen

Hello
I still need assistance on this -could someone please respond URGENTLY!!! this is really URGENT as the customer is most unhappy with the services
Thank You

April 8, 2013 at 7:12 pm #117823

Jen

Please respond

April 9, 2013 at 1:32 pm #118017

Jen

Please respond as this is VERY URGENT as my site is live now thanks

April 17, 2013 at 2:34 pm #120188

David
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Dear Jen,

Sorry about the delay in answering.

1) You need to follow the procedure for "theme and plugin localization": http://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/
Basically select WPML->Theme & Plugin Localization, select the desired plugins, choose "scan plugin for strings", then add strings to string translation. Most woocommerce messages are translated correctly using tis own .po files (localization files), but if some are not, you can then translate them from WPML->String Translation

2) Assuming you are using Woocommerce 2.0.x, tax names are handled by Woocommerce. Go to Woocommerce->Settings->Tax and include there the tax rates (with their names in each language and country)

3) and 4) Post code, town, terms and conditions text etc. are also translated for you after plugin localization

5) Localize the printing and pakcing plugin as well. If it comes with its own localization file for spanish, it will be much easier, but if not that will make the strings available for translation.

Hope this helps

Alvaro

The topic ‘[Closed] Varous translation Issue for Woocommerce’ is closed to new replies.