This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mayumi 6 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
April 15, 2019 at 10:37 am

Mayumi

Hi,
I am using WPML with WC Vendors Pro, and the default language is English, the second is Japanese.

The issue is on the Vendor Dashboard page in the second language. It seems not to apply CSS to the second one, so the navigation menus are just like a list (but I could fix it using Additional CSS), but the more important issue is the links on that page such as 'Add new image', which open the file upload system, is not working. This is the issue. What do you think about switching off some translate settings (but I'm not sure which ones)?

Or, actually, I don't need the dashboard in English because my vendors are only Japanese calligraphers. Therefore, If I can apply the Japanese Dashboard page as a primary language only for this case, it would be resolved (also I'm not sure how I do that)?

One more question, if I change the primary language Japanese this timing, what will happen? I'm concerning about such as taxonomies, menus and so on can be broken.

How can I resolve this issue?
I appreciate any advice.

Best regards,
Mayumi

April 15, 2019 at 8:08 pm #3616273

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @Mayumi, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

Could you send us a link to the vendor dashboard page? I need to take a look.

It may be also a compatibility issue with the "WC Vendors Pro" plugin which was not tested by our team: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility.

It's not expected to have a lot of errors if you change the default language. I think the main issue is with the URL's that will change. I suggest to make a full backup of the website then test it on a staging copy enviroment before changing the language on the production site.

All the best,
Diego

April 17, 2019 at 11:34 am #3630175

Mayumi

My issue is resolved now.
I decided to change the default language from English to Japanese.
There is not so much error as you mentioned.
Thank you!