This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Marcel 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
April 13, 2019 at 11:26 am #3604391

davidC-9

I have this message with acf/wpml on a clean instal
Warning: Illegal offset type in isset or empty in /app/public/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-element-translation.php on line 247 Warning: Illegal offset type in isset or empty in /app/public/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-element-translation.php on line 257 Warning: Illegal offset type in /app/public/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-element-translation.php on line 258 Warning: Illegal offset type in isset or empty in /app/public/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-element-translation.php on line 262

I i revert to 1.1, everything is fine

April 14, 2019 at 1:42 pm #3608053
oliverF-4

Same here! I use the Gallery-Field within a Gutenberg-Block in Frontend I get the Error reported above, Gutenberg crashes completly

New threads created by Marcel and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-version-1-2-and-the-gallery-acf-field/

April 15, 2019 at 9:14 am #3611503

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi David,

we got already several reports about this problem but were not able to reproduce the error.

Could you please provide us with a Duplicator copy of your site, that our developers can test this directly? I will attach you here with documentation about this process: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Your workaround with ACF Multilingual Version 1.1 will work for the moment, as another client reported us.

Please let me know

Thank you

April 18, 2019 at 6:04 am #3636233

davidC-9

Hi

I'll wait next version and test, i'hve switch translation plugin. for this site. and i'll start the next one without wpml.
Thanks

April 18, 2019 at 10:05 am #3637975

Marcel
Supporter

Hi David,

sorry to hear that. We got a few reports about this problem and our teams are already informed about this issue. I will update you once we know more.

Thanks
Best Marcel

April 19, 2019 at 3:49 pm #3647279

Marcel
Supporter

Hi David,

I have some updates about this issue. You can update back the plugin to the latest version. Once you've done that, just simply go to wp-content/plugins/acfml/classes folder through FTP, edit the file called class-wpml-acf-attachments.php and edit the line 13 from this:

if ( is_serialized($value) ) {

to this

if ( is_serialized($value) || is_array($value) ) {

You can do this change and tell me if things are back to normal. This fix will definitely be included in the next update of the plugin but this is an early fix so you don't have to wait for the update.

Thanks,
Marcel

June 4, 2019 at 9:33 am #3949749

davidC-9

HI

It is coming back....

Warning: Illegal offset type in isset or empty in /home/clients/cadfdc9fe6553ece348e0c0d334da1ad/web/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-element-translation.php on line 247

Warning: Illegal offset type in isset or empty in /home/clients/cadfdc9fe6553ece348e0c0d334da1ad/web/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-element-translation.php on line 257

Warning: Illegal offset type in /home/clients/cadfdc9fe6553ece348e0c0d334da1ad/web/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-element-translation.php on line 258

Warning: Illegal offset type in isset or empty in /home/clients/cadfdc9fe6553ece348e0c0d334da1ad/web/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-element-translation.php on line 262

Everything is up to date and standard....

It is becoming a trust issue.

June 4, 2019 at 10:04 am #3950191

Marcel
Supporter

Hi David,

could you please confirm if the workaround is still active in class-wpml-acf-attachments.php and not overwritten from an update?

Please let me know

Best Marcel

June 4, 2019 at 10:23 am #3950333

davidC-9

It was not.
And it fix it. thanks.

"You can do this change and tell me if things are back to normal. This fix will definitely be included in the next update of the plugin but this is an early fix so you don't have to wait for the update."

Do you have any idea when?
Because it update to 1.3 and still...

That is the trust part.
If i can't update without making fixes...

June 4, 2019 at 11:54 am #3951241

Marcel
Supporter

Hi David,

When exactly our developers will release an Update including the required Fix is not up-to us Supporters to determine.

Each issue reported in is taken seriously into consideration.

It is given a high or low priority based on a number of factors.
Factors which those with the overview of all things related are in the best position to determine.

I apologize any inconvenience this may cause.

September 27, 2019 at 7:58 am #4652175

Marcel
Supporter

Hello, I'm closing the ticket because the workaround has already been released.

Best Marcel