This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
July 3, 2019 at 10:00 am

Vladimir Chugunov

I am trying to: duplicate

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see:all fields duplicated (it works in previos version)

Instead, I got:not all fields duplicated

July 3, 2019 at 12:02 pm #4136015

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

Can you please let me know what plugin or if is the theme that is creating those custom fields?

We might be dealing with a compatibility issue but I am not sure what is creating that functionality.

Please let me know.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

July 3, 2019 at 1:36 pm #4137029

Vladimir Chugunov

Plugin is GeoDirectory V2

July 4, 2019 at 1:07 pm #4143657

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for your patience.

I searched for the plugin in our official WPML-compatible plugins repository here (https://wpml.org/plugin/geodirectory/) and it seems that this plugin has not been tested by our Compatibility team since 2014.

I got in touch with the Compatibility team and they said the developers did not answer to our email regarding the participation in our 'Go Global' program (https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/) where our Compatibility developers help them to make their plugin 100% compatible with WPML for free so I'd suggest you contact the plugin authors and recommend them to join the program.

Also, another colleague confirmed me that the plugin is around 50% compatible with WPML and that the developers of Geodirectory also run some internal tests so they might be able to help you if you write to their Support department.

I hope that you will find this information helpful.

I would have loved to be able to help you even more but unfortunately, this is the current situation regarding this matter and there's not much I can do about this.

Please let me know how that goes and maybe if you get an official answer from them, maybe you update us here, too, so that other clients that are using their plugin and have issues might find this ticket helpful.

Thank you very much for your understanding and I'm looking forward to your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei